The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Found the first orange army scout of the season today, off he went as soon as he saw me. This weekend is usually the most common time to find them.
    Is it opening weekend for gun?
    I’ve lost all track.

ETA looks like it’s next weekend for the hunting. I guess the scouting could start.
    Next Friday night there will people all around me sighting in or test firing their guns for the first time in about a year. Gotta let those deers know what’s coming!

Was very thankful I caught up in this thread last night or I might have missed paying property taxes today, although it said they weren’t due til the 13th.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is it opening weekend for gun?
    I’ve lost all track.

ETA looks like it’s next weekend for the hunting. I guess the scouting could start.
    Next Friday night there will people all around me sighting in or test firing their guns for the first time in about a year. Gotta let those deers know what’s coming!

Was very thankful I caught up in this thread last night or I might have missed paying property taxes today, although it said they weren’t due til the 13th.

The weekend before is when I see most people. Over the years I've found and cut down stands, but most of these guys scout and come in with climbers. Have a few pictures from opening day of hunters, some even wave at the camera.

I live on the edge of 3K acres of HNF and I never have understood why people just don't hunt there, it's for the public.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Mortgage debt isn't always bad debt.

Proper vehicle financing can make sense.

Credit Card debt? BAD....but.....Emergencies happen. Needs and Income do not always align.
    Any time I owe someone, it's bad debt. I'm slave to the lender. Especially mortgage debt that puts my home at possible risk.

Sometimes it is necessary, but I have to disagree, Bandit. There is no such thing as good (not bad?) debt. Even a no interest debt has emotional cost. Everyone lives inside their own definitions. And pays the associated costs. Whether that is interest or lacking something until it is in the budget.
    I cannot say that situations don't arise where the balance of one is better than the other can be tenuous, especially helping out a friend, but all debt makes you a slave of one sort or another.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Any time I owe someone, it's bad debt. I'm slave to the lender. Especially mortgage debt that puts my home at possible risk.

Sometimes it is necessary, but I have to disagree, Bandit. There is no such thing as good (not bad?) debt. Even a no interest debt has emotional cost. Everyone lives inside their own definitions. And pays the associated costs. Whether that is interest or lacking something until it is in the budget.
    I cannot say that situations don't arise where the balance of one is better than the other can be tenuous, especially helping out a friend, but all debt makes you a slave of one sort or another.
    Matt owes me $5.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom