• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Run down to Moorseville to Badger Creek. They always have 1911s in there. They almost seem to specialize in 1911s. They are also friends of ChurchMouse. Though, most will be 45, but that is where I got my Tristar/Metroarms 1911 in 9mm.

Last time I was in there they put a Standard Manufacturing in my hand, and it was tempting.
    I'll check them out. I should have widened my crawl a little bit today and got there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I might start looking at 22LR conversions for a 1911, or pick up a GSG 1911-22 for the third time now. Anyone have any recommendations? Any kits that work well? Any non-GSG offerings I don't about?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'll check them out. I should have widened my crawl a little bit today and got there.
    and this is still in the classies

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    and this is still in the classies

Yet another toy I want but must ignore.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good Morning Y’all!

We rented a cabin down south near Patoka Lake. Last night we visited with family down here. My Mom in Law came down with us and last night and she got to hold her new great grand baby.

The cabin is really nice secluded on the edge of the woods. Very serene. Sitting on the 2nd story deck with :coffee: watching the woods and the sun rise.

We’re planning to spend the day at my Brother in Law’s who lives close to the area and is member here. There shall be some GPT and fishing happening today!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same here. Have my eye on a couple prizes so I've been trying to keep my sights on them but there's a couple in the classys that are testing my resolve.
    Same. I generally am focused on pumping up the retirement fund, finishing up last payment and a half on wife's vehicle, and my daughter getting done with grad school (son has been out a couple of years).

Then it will be continuing to pump retirement fund, etc. I'll also pay even more toward the house then as well (I did put a big down payment on it but my $ are making more elsewhere than the interest rate on the house is costing me, so will continue to chase the smart money).

My wife just sold her small business so I'm sure her having free time is going to cost me a few more $, so hopefully she figures out something that will at least be cost neutral for her to do.

That's why I'm not dropping DW money on a range gun. I could, but it just makes me twitchy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good Morning Y’all!

We rented a cabin down south near Patoka Lake. Last night we visited with family down here. My Mom in Law came down with us and last night and she got to hold her new great grand baby.

The cabin is really nice secluded on the edge of the woods. Very serene. Sitting on the 2nd story deck with :coffee: watching the woods and the sun rise.

We’re planning to spend the day at my Brother in Law’s who lives close to the area and is member here. There shall be some GPT and fishing happening today!
    Wingrider might be in your AO today. He spends some time down there.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Same. I generally am focused on pumping up the retirement fund, finishing up last payment and a half on wife's vehicle, and my daughter getting done with grad school (son has been out a couple of years).

Then it will be continuing to pump retirement fund, etc. I'll also pay even more toward the house then as well (I did put a big down payment on it but my $ are making more elsewhere than the interest rate on the house is costing me, so will continue to chase the smart money).

My wife just sold her small business so I'm sure her having free time is going to cost me a few more $, so hopefully she figures out something that will at least be cost neutral for her to do.

That's why I'm not dropping DW money on a range gun. I could, but it just makes me twitchy.
    Being a Dave Ramsey fan, I gotta encourage paying off the house. Just imagine removing all risk of foreclosure and being able to put an extra housepayment in investments every month. How fast could you get comfortable with that?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Being a Dave Ramsey fan, I gotta encourage paying off the house. Just imagine removing all risk of foreclosure and being able to put an extra housepayment in investments every month. How fast could you get comfortable with that?
    I can pay it off now if I cashed out a chunk of the brokerage account. The gains would cost me more income taxes and not be earning today. That's separate from the 401 where I get 50 cents on the dollar match up to the max yearly annual contribution that the govt allows for just putting it in. Basically putting a house payment into that each month already.

529 gets me 20% on state income tax credit (on up to $7500 a year deposit starting this year - wish govt would have increased that sooner) just for putting it in and then turning around and pulling it out, and the HSA also gets funded.

Just CD's right now are paying 2% above my mortgage rate.

Need to check into Roth accounts, but right now tax deductions and income limits and complexity with the backdoor stuff keeps me away from that.

I'll wait a bit before deciding to kill the mortgage more than I am (I pay a small amount over each month just to round it up to nearest hundred.

I did put up 20+% to avoid PMI when we bought this house and it's on the list, just making more elsewhere currently.

Need to focus more on super liquid $ as well.

If my wife brought in any real $, I'd be focused on doing all of the above much earlier in the year every year.

As it is, I'm just making up for lost time on these benefits already, starting at the age I did. I'll get to the house mortgage retirement in earnest when the opportunity cost is not as high as it currently is on that $$$.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    What a lot of people don’t realize is that banks can call in a mortgage anytime they want. It rarely happens but that’s another good reason to pay it off as soon as possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom