Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    DIY plumbing fail. Now I have a plumber on the way to charge me emergency rates.... :facepalm:

That I am sorry to hear.

I hate plumbing work.

Some friends had their washer hookup valves (cheap non serviceable valves). Luckily I had enough Pex and a WD box on hand to fix it. They think I am a genius.

Someday, a plumber will open that wall up and think “what idiot did this?”.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just finished off a box of 38super out of the single stack 1911. Not liking the grips I picked out but a easy fix. I really like that round. Stronger than 9mm+P, lighter recoil than a 45acp, and very accurate. It's closer to a 9mm largo or 38spl for me. Can't wait for the double stack to get finished.
    It would be interesting to test a P226 in .357 Sig back to back with a 1911 in 38 Super. I'm sure the 1911 would take the crown for trigger feel, accuracy and asthetics, but the difference in feel of the two hot 9mm rounds in shooting might be interesting to see.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    It would be interesting to test a P226 in .357 Sig back to back with a 1911 in 38 Super. I'm sure the 1911 would take the crown for trigger feel, accuracy and asthetics, but the difference in feel of the two hot 9mm rounds in shooting might be interesting to see.
    I'm up for it. Hope we can do that at the FGE.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    umm....A real test would include 45 gap....just saying.

9mm magnum versus 38 magnum versus 45 magnum

:lmfao:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I've fired very little 38 super, but a lot of it's ancestor 38ACP.View attachment 292498
    That is a excellent specimen of the Pocket Hammer. I've been looking for one in my price range for a while now. I had been looking for a 1903 Hammerless for quite some time and was fortunate enough to pick one up last year with the help of Tarzan. I think the two would be a good set to have.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The original loading of the 38 ACP was the same as or hotter than today's 38 Super, much like it's competitor the 9mm X25 Mauser in the Broomhandle. Colt found out that this was beating the 1900/1902 autos to death and reduced power. I think keeping in mind that Colt was pushing the 1900 as a military service auto probably had something to do with overclocking this round in the beginning. The case never changed over it's history, only the power. With the change to 45 caliber for US service pistols after Thompson/LaGarde tests the 38ACP heads for obscurity as Colt has already introduced the very popular 1903 chambered in 32ACP and 380 ACP. Loaded back to it's original velocity in the late 20s it is reintroduced as the 38 Super in the 1911.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The original loading of the 38 ACP was the same as or hotter than today's 38 Super, much like it's competitor the 9mm X25 Mauser in the Broomhandle. Colt found out that this was beating the 1900/1902 autos to death and reduced power. I think keeping in mind that Colt was pushing the 1900 as a military service auto probably had something to do with overclocking this round in the beginning. The case never changed over it's history, only the power. With the change to 45 caliber for US service pistols after Thompson/LaGarde tests the 38ACP heads for obscurity as Colt has already introduced the very popular 1903 chambered in 32ACP and 380 ACP. Loaded back to it's original velocity in the late 20s it is reintroduced as the 38 Super in the 1911.
    I wish I had half the knowledge you have on firearms. Thanks for the education.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Just finished off a box of 38super out of the single stack 1911. Not liking the grips I picked out but a easy fix. I really like that round. Stronger than 9mm+P, lighter recoil than a 45acp, and very accurate. It's closer to a 9mm largo or 38spl for me. Can't wait for the double stack to get finished.
    I still have to find a good hand load for my 38 Super. Factory +P loads didn’t have enough umph to cycle the slide. Allen put in a lighter recoil spring and it’s doing better but I need to do more testing. The competitor that used to run it must have had it tuned to major power loads loaded to the moon!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I still have to find a good hand load for my 38 Super. Factory +P loads didn’t have enough umph to cycle the slide. Allen put in a lighter recoil spring and it’s doing better but I need to do more testing. The competitor that used to run it must have had it tuned to major power loads loaded to the moon!
    I've used Fiocchi and had a few FTE issues but not many. Been using Eley lately and in 100rnds I havnt had a single issue. You might want to check them out.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    My oldest son and I had a great time at the race today. We saw quite a few Lamborghinis, McLarens, Porches and Vipers, along with all the new American muscle on the market. Pretty much everything was highly modified for running top speed on a 1/2 mile drag strip.

The race day was cut short after a really bad crash. A 3,000 hp Viper lost traction and tumbled sideways and end over end at 200+ mph at the finish line. It’s likely he was going much faster but I don’t have a number. Fortunately he’s alive. Last I heard he was alert, responsive and in “good spirits” when Life Flight landed on the track. Prayers for him and his family are appreciated I’m sure.

Here’s a few pics of some of the cars

1691870976549.jpeg
    1691871182522.jpeg
    1691871224366.jpeg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back from a trip to Proteq.

Met my daughter out in Brazil and the we went to the range together.

She got to shoot what was her favorite, the 15-22 with an old primary arms red dot on it at the rimfire steel range.

Then we headed down to the pistol steel range. Started her off with the TX-22 compact with the holosun on it, and the first mag or so she did OK, but then she had problems finding the dot. Put her on the larger TX-22 with iron sights and she liked that much better. Her favorite though was knocking dueling tree plates from side to side with the SA-35. She picked it up quickly and I moved down a bit and was banging away at plates with the TX-22 compact and 365XL with the optics.

Stopped for lunch at JR's Shack in Brazil and then came home to my wife cleaning out the garage which I got to finish.

Rainbox soon...

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Busy, busy, busy here. Wife back to teaching, daughter getting ready to leave for college.
    Dear old dad checked on doing the 100k service at a Toyota dealer and an independent mechanic…..
    $1500 to $2000!?!?!?

I’ve worked on a lot of cars, but these newer ones just plain suck!!! You shouldn’t have to remove half the engine bay to change 4 spark plugs on a 1.8L 4 banger!!! I did it:
    1- PCV valve stuck where the sun don’t shine
    2 - Spark plugs, which allowed a lot of light to the
    Top of the engine….did help with the PCV
    3- Automatic Transmission Fluid
    4- 4 banger coolant
    5- “Flux capacitor” Hybrid Battery Coolant
    System
    6- Glorified motorcycle battery at $250….

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom