THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was wandering through Scheels today and noticed a nice CZ I hadn't seen before, it was a really nice rifle the CZ 600 ST1 Lux, was thinking it'd be nice to take home until I saw it was 999.00.

Even more tempting was this Colt Series 70 limited edition they had for around 1250.00, this one wasn't even on my radar. A lot of features for the money, novak sights with brass bead front, 25lpi checkering to name a few features. The one I handled had a nice slide/frame/barrel fit but I really liked the rollmarks they used the old patent rollmarked slide. When you consider the standard 1911C model is in the 800-900's it was a good deal.
    Here's what it looks like:

Links are the same. :-(

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @T-DOGG
    Maybe a good project practice piece?

Thanks for thinking of me, but I don't have an extra $250 to spend right now. If I did, I'd rather it go towards a new tank of Argon for my mig welder.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

I've been working on Mother's Day gifts for a few special mothers with a mixture of metal work and wood burning too. It's good practice work, saves me money, repurposes items and gives the mothers a special one-off piece of art that you can't buy anywhere.

This morning I'll also be fixing a clunk noise in the rear of the Pontiac by replacing some sway bar bushings. Surprising how much a $10 pair of bushings can drive a man insane. They mount the sway bar to the frame and when they wear out they make a nice little dull banging noise while going over little bumps due to the bar smacking around inside the bushing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks

I've been working on Mother's Day gifts for a few special mothers with a mixture of metal work and wood burning too. It's good practice work, saves me money, repurposes items and gives the mothers a special one-off piece of art that you can't buy anywhere.

This morning I'll also be fixing a clunk noise in the rear of the Pontiac by replacing some sway bar bushings. Surprising how much a $10 pair of bushings can drive a man insane. They mount the sway bar to the frame and when they wear out they make a nice little dull banging noise while going over little bumps due to the bar smacking around inside the bushing.
    IIRC (and I might not) some bushings spec to be tightened under their intended load, others tightened, unloaded. Been a long time since I sold auto parts so YMMV. It ought to make a positive difference when you're done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks

One of my least favorite jobs on a car are sub-frame bushings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom