THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I already have a leaf blower, batteries and charger from Makita.

If I was just starting, it woulda been the Milwaukee.
    There isn’t anything wrong with Makita , just letting you know it has been decided

These new battery powered platforms are pretty awesome with the things they have coming out. I think
    makita might have a microwave out if I’m not mistaken.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Looks beautiful.
    Yesterday while parked I had a female cardinal land on my hood and peck at my windshield, like 2 feet from my face. It was very cool making eye contact for those couple of seconds

When you study them up close, you realize that there's a lot going on in those small brains. And just like people, they're all individuals, with their own personalities. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I thought about Churchmouse while at NRAAM. CameraMonkey was drooling over the Stealth Arms Platypus, which is a 2011 using G***k magazines. I wondered what he would have thought or if he would be shaking his head at this.
    Now I'm going to have to check out that thread. I haven't wandered in there because... Well... Platypus in the title.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got out shooting for the first time in a while. Not to be a downer, but last time I was at the range, I got a call that someone very close had passed. Up till then that had been a stellar range day.

Took a bit to get back in the saddle, and well that and I hate winter.

Anyway, took out a couple of guns I had acquired and had not shot yet. One a while back (Shield Plus), and a newer acquisition that had me anxious to shoot it (SA-35).

Shield performed well but I'd have to put some time in if I wanted to get passable with it. When I concentrated it did its thing.

The SA-35 ate some aluminum case federal without any operational issues except it just wanted to dribble the cases into my face. Weak ammo, New gun, to be expected but it extracted them all fine.

I put some S&B 124 grain and it ejected all of those over the shoulder no issues.

Only issue was me figuring out the SA-35 trigger. Coming from strikers with a fairly strong reset, and being used to riding the trigger a bit, I came up with a non reset trigger a couple of times before I figured out what I was doing on this stock SA gun. Once I let it out a hit further no issue.

That said Allen has been contacted and I'm hoping to make it by there tomorrow to check out his worked over SA-35 and see if I want the works or a subset trigger job.

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yesterday instead of NRAAM, CameraMonkey, Mrs. Haven and myself went out to Proteq. Mrs. Haven did their Basic Pistol course. CameraMonkey and I spent time down at the range. I was in the Pistol bay, he was out on the rifle range.

I tried out the IMI Jericho, it is the nicest pistols I have shot. I managed to shoot out a quarter size hole. I was shooting the other pistols like crap though. I had brought the P10s, P01, H&K VP9, and the Springfield Hellcat.

After the Basic Pistol was done, CameraMonkey and I did the intermediate pistol course. That was a huge help for me. I had my P10s, which is meant to be a carry pistol for me. I don't carry, currently because I don't feel comfortable doing it still yet. I found out that I was breaking my grip to try to use the red dot. We did a bunch of moving and shooting drills, and a really helpful drill they call the 5 to 1 drill.

The 5 to 1 drill is load a magazine with 10 rounds. Load the magazine into the pistol, rack a round. Drop the magazine out, put it away (mag carrier, pocket, whatever). Aim, and fire your shot. Fire again, it will click and no bang. Then tap, rack, aim and fire (again it won't fire). Do 5 tap, rack, fires, then load the the gun again, and this time fire, and tap, rack 4 more times. Continue decreasing the tap, rack, fire, till you do one. Then load the magazine and fire the last five rounds.

For whatever reason, I have trained myself to rack, tap, instead of tap, rack. So I am going to work on reversing that. I have some other drills I need to practice as well. It was really good training. CameraMonkey and I are talking about taking another course later.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Yesterday instead of NRAAM, CameraMonkey, Mrs. Haven and myself went out to Proteq. Mrs. Haven did their Basic Pistol course. CameraMonkey and I spent time down at the range. I was in the Pistol bay, he was out on the rifle range.

I tried out the IMI Jericho, it is the nicest pistols I have shot. I managed to shoot out a quarter size hole. I was shooting the other pistols like crap though. I had brought the P10s, P01, H&K VP9, and the Springfield Hellcat.

After the Basic Pistol was done, CameraMonkey and I did the intermediate pistol course. That was a huge help for me. I had my P10s, which is meant to be a carry pistol for me. I don't carry, currently because I don't feel comfortable doing it still yet. I found out that I was breaking my grip to try to use the red dot. We did a bunch of moving and shooting drills, and a really helpful drill they call the 5 to 1 drill.

The 5 to 1 drill is load a magazine with 10 rounds. Load the magazine into the pistol, rack a round. Drop the magazine out, put it away (mag carrier, pocket, whatever). Aim, and fire your shot. Fire again, it will click and no bang. Then tap, rack, aim and fire (again it won't fire). Do 5 tap, rack, fires, then load the the gun again, and this time fire, and tap, rack 4 more times. Continue decreasing the tap, rack, fire, till you do one. Then load the magazine and fire the last five rounds.

For whatever reason, I have trained myself to rack, tap, instead of tap, rack. So I am going to work on reversing that. I have some other drills I need to practice as well. It was really good training. CameraMonkey and I are talking about taking another course later.
    We did that drill when I took the Indiana Gunsite 3 day pistol. Very good drill!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I noticed today I was breaking my grip on the hi power as I was trying to figure out the trigger reset. Didn't help that I wasn't just focused on that gun but was shooting it, the Shield and my TX-22 today.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening folks! I was at the NRAAM again today, but with my youngest son this time. Crowds were way down from yesterday and you could take your time looking at stuff now. I really want an MR-73 now. The Manhurin revolver has the best DA on any gun I've ever felt. I read later that the hammer has two roller bearings in it. It feels like it's on roller bearings.

I've been wavering between picking up a Sig Tango MSR or a Sig Tango6 for one of my ARs. Every day over the last 3 days, I've played with both of those at the Sig booth. One day, I decide to go for the $1400 Tango6. The next day, I'm thinking that the $359 MSR scratches that itch quite well. After 3 days of fondling the two optics, I've decided to go with an ACOG.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Evening folks! I was at the NRAAM again today, but with my youngest son this time. Crowds were way down from yesterday and you could take your time looking at stuff now. I really want an MR-73 now. The Manhurin revolver has the best DA on any gun I've ever felt. I read later that the hammer has two roller bearings in it. It feels like it's on roller bearings.

I've been wavering between picking up a Sig Tango MSR or a Sig Tango6 for one of my ARs. Every day over the last 3 days, I've played with both of those at the Sig booth. One day, I decide to go for the $1400 Tango6. The next day, I'm thinking that the $359 MSR scratches that itch quite well. After 3 days of fondling the two optics, I've decided to go with an ACOG.
    Going all out. Nice!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did not see that coming!
    Neither did I. One thing that was important to me was weight. The MSR is listed as 18.5oz vs 22.5 for the Tango6. Both of those is before the covers and mounts. I was hovering over the buy button last night on an MSR but checked reviews first. One said that the listed weight on the MSR is not accurate and that with covers and mount, it comes in at 36oz. The ACOG is under 16oz with mounts. So, I checked the Sig optics out again today and there's no appreciable difference in weight between the Tango6 and the MSR, so the review seems to be correct.

Every time I'd look at the Sig optics, I'd pass through the Trijicon booth either before or after and kept liking them more and more. In the end, I decided that I want robust simplicity more than anything and that the 4x32 ACOG would fit my needs much better. If I struggle with both eyes open, I can still hang my RMR off the side as it is now. I don't think that I'll struggle with both eyes open though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Neither did I. One thing that was important to me was weight. The MSR is listed as 18.5oz vs 22.5 for the Tango6. Both of those is before the covers and mounts. I was hovering over the buy button last night on an MSR but checked reviews first. One said that the listed weight on the MSR is not accurate and that with covers and mount, it comes in at 36oz. The ACOG is under 16oz with mounts. So, I checked the Sig optics out again today and there's no appreciable difference in weight between the Tango6 and the MSR, so the review seems to be correct.

Every time I'd look at the Sig optics, I'd pass through the Trijicon booth either before or after and kept liking them more and more. In the end, I decided that I want robust simplicity more than anything and that the 4x32 ACOG would fit my needs much better. If I struggle with both eyes open, I can still hang my RMR off the side as it is now. I don't think that I'll struggle with both eyes open though.

Don’t have to convince me. ACOGs are nothing short of low power perfection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom