THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Morning all! Lawn mowing day. Had no chipmunks for the longest time. Yesterday we had 6. Fewer now. Hopefully, fewer still, later today.

:coffee: and :ar15:
    Same for me. My Husqvarna 46" broke down waiting for part to arrive in mail today to fix it and mow the hay field down that used to be my lawn.

Chipmunk wise my two dogs and the neighbors three cats keep their population down.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You're right, as long as that mail box is there they will keep coming back. Sort of like lottery players, they think that even though it's a long shot, there may be something there that will provide them with free money there someday. I'm going to erase any reason I can for them to return.
    Hook up high voltage to it, and give them a shock. When you see them come turn it on. It might deter them.
    Possibly an electric fence charger, and a wire attached to the box handle.
    Sit it on a timer so it isn't on for the mailman.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Monday I tried my hand at some new targets that gmcttr donated. Pretty sure these are same or similar to what B2V uses? Out of 25 shots, best possible score is 2500, so obviously I have room to grow. The Tippmann has a Burris RT6 1-6 scope and there was a nice 9:00 crosswind that I did a poor job compensating for.

@Born2vette @gmcttr
    What are your best scores on these targets so far?

View attachment 276576
    View attachment 276577
    These are the unlimited class targets, I am a whimp and use the factory class which has a little larger target and 100 ring. But also a larger bull so its harder to get an x. Looks like a good first effort. May want to try a little better grade ammo than CCI SV to see if that tightens things up a bit. My rifle does not shoot small groups with it but every rifle like what it likes.

This is not match ammo, but a lot better than SV without being too dear

Edit: saw you used club in the 457, may get some Team for next time.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    These are the unlimited class targets, I am a whimp and use the factory class which has a little larger target and 100 ring. But also a larger bull so its harder to get an x. Looks like a good first effort. May want to try a little better grade ammo than CCI SV to see if that tightens things up a bit. My rifle does not shoot small groups with it but every rifle like what it likes.

This is not match ammo, but a lot better than SV without being too dear

Edit: saw you used club in the 457, may get some Team for next time.
    I've already went thru the gauntlet of ammo testing in both rifles. The 457 likes Eley Club and Target, with RWS Rifle Match not far behind. The Tippmann likes CCI SV and didn't respond all that well to match ammo.

The 457 is more than capable, the shooter is the issue.

In the target below, that was the last time I shot the rifle, back in November. The bottom row is the same setup I used on Monday, bipod and rear bag.

20221114_205822.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    FYI this is the factory class target. My best score on this target is a 2250. I shot 2 - 2125s on Sunday. My goal this season is to shoot a 2300+ in a match and shoot a 4 card average over 2000. This target was shot with Lapua Center-X which is unobtainium at the moment for anything approaching a decent price.

1684330882345.jpeg
    Your target, see the difference?
    1684331109854.jpeg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    FYI this is the factory class target. My best score on this target is a 2250. I shot 2 - 2125s on Sunday. My goal this season is to shoot a 2300+ in a match and shoot a 4 card average over 2000. This target was shot with Lapua Center-X which is unobtainium at the moment for anything approaching a decent price.

View attachment 276614
    Your target, see the difference?
    View attachment 276616
    Yes, clearly I need a bigger target area with a more generous 100 point area. :cool:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm happy to see the WC EDC X9 marked SPF. Now I need someone to buy the DW Classic bobtail and no, I won't help with the pantsless highway on that one even though it's local to me...I would keep it instead of passing it along.
    I know how you feel I don’t know why that 3 inch S&W M64-3 didn’t get snatched up right away so I had to buy it, pretty much like new and nice trigger job.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I know how you feel I don’t know why that 3 inch S&W M64-3 didn’t get snatched up right away so I had to buy it, pretty much like new and nice trigger job.
    I think my reasoning was I had just overpaid for a 66 and don't like to answer my wive when she asks "Isn't that almost exactly like the one you just bought?".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pulled out mailboxes and decided to do some more deeper exploring of the new ground. Found a nice 9 point skeleton and took the skull home. That makes 2 8s and one 9 skeleton I've found since I bought the place. I'm wondering if this isn't some sort of buck grave yard, but I would imagine it's from hunters losing deer in the HNF.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom