THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My oldest just went through transition training to add the old Cessna 402 to his qualifications. Good thing for him that he got his instrument rating initially on the old 'steam' guages, as they refer to them now. The Cessnas in small airline service today have been in service for decades and still use the older avionics.

If anyone remembers the old sitcom 'Wings', the airplane in the opening credits is still in service today.
    There is a YouTube channel called Rebuild Rescue that is completely rebuilding a 401.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Number one reason people crash planes is flying into instrument conditions when they don't know how to handle them. Number two reason is engine failure from lack of fuel.
    Back when we fished off shore for days in a row, it was called "get-there-itis". I imagine the same term exists in aviation.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Number one reason people crash planes is flying into instrument conditions when they don't know how to handle them. Number two reason is engine failure from lack of fuel.
    Leadeye, have you seen those small airplane safety parachutes??? I have seen on the news that several of these have actually worked on engine failures.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks.

Happiest of days to you, WT!

Yesterday was rough for back pain. Today I feel pretty ok. Adjustment and massage after work!
    Sorry to hear of all of the pain, but you are doing the right thing by addressing it now. Hopefully, you'll be back to normal before too long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom