THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice try and I’ll visit but you’re going to have to try harder if you want me for a neighbor.

A local winery, Two EEs, has this sweet red called Plonque. It’s really good. Not Sangria sweet though.

I can't do sangria too often, as the citrus kills my stomach, but a glass or two on a pleasant evening works out pretty well. Too much and I end up with a stomach ache with my buzz and even worse the next day with a hangover.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I need to move my rear sight a little to the right as it aims a little to the right. Problem is I can't budge the allen set screw in the sight and I do not want to risk rounding out the head. Any tips for me to break it free safely? Maybe a little heat with a heat gun to expand the slide metal?

Eventually would like to upgrade to tritium sights.

Does this look like it's off center (to the right in pic) to you?
    cz_sight.JPG

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I need to move my rear sight a little to the right as it aims a little to the right. Problem is I can't budge the allen set screw in the sight and I do not want to risk rounding out the head. Any tips for me to break it free safely? Maybe a little heat with a heat gun to expand the slide metal?

View attachment 273895
    Hard to tell in pic but if it needs adjusted for you to shoot better then thst is more important than it being centered. I usually use a small soldering iron to heat screws with loctite before removing.

I have tritium tru glos on my pcr. On it when I got it. Honestly I’d rather have factory. Im The weirdo thst likes the tiny dot. Makes it easier to shoot for me instead of dot covering whole target.

The pcr has a large area cut out for factory sights so some night sights don’t match up perfect

IMG_1280.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

View attachment 273895
    If loctite was used on the allen screw it will need heat to loosen. I vote for heat gun, get it good and hot and give it a go making sure the allen wrench is well seated.

@llh1956 any other ideas?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Hard to tell in pic but if it needs adjusted for you to shoot better then thst is more important than it being centered. I usually use a small soldering iron to heat screws with loctite before removing.

I have tritium tru glos on my pcr. On it when I got it. Honestly I’d rather have factory. Im The weirdo thst likes the tiny dot. Makes it easier to shoot for me instead of dot covering whole target.

The pcr has a large area cut out for factory sights so some night sights don’t match up perfect

View attachment 273902
    Yes, I have read that I may have to hone the dovetail, especially on the front sight until it can slide in by hand about a third of the way freely.

TY, I’ll try the soldering iron trick.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

View attachment 273902
    I have tritium Dawsons on mine. I like them much better than the factory sights and they pop at night.

1683223969145.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

View attachment 273902

You must shoot at a distance, as I don't find large dots covering too much of my target at 7 yards... :):

My preference is to use Night Fision sights, which are comparable to the truglos, but can come in a variety of colors for the front sight. I like to use the high visibility yellow.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Thanks for the help. A heat gun on the slide until just too hot to hold comfortably did the trick.

A couple taps with nylon hammer moved it about 1/4 mm to where I think it should be.

Should it be set with a little blue loctite when replaced?
    View attachment 273905
    I would go to the range first and make sure it is where you want it then apply it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I would go to the range first and make sure it is where you want it then apply it.
    TY, but duh! Just gathering info to make informed decisions.

On another note, IndyArms range rules state specifically no reloads:
    Personally re-manufactured or hand loaded ammunition (from uninsured and/or unlicensed reloaders) is strictly prohibited.

But no mention of ammo at Tim's. I have shot there frequently and my first batch of 45acp I had two squibs out of 150 rounds. I brought the pistol with the slide stuck back out to the lobby and the guys at Tim's took it to the back and removed the slug from the barrel for me. No mention of my handloads.

What's up with Indy Arms? :-( I think they just want to sell ammo. Is this policy common for indoor ranges?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

But no mention of ammo at Tim's. I have shot there frequently and my first batch of 45acp I had two squibs out of 150 rounds. I brought the pistol with the slide stuck back out to the lobby and the guys at Tim's took it to the back and removed the slug from the barrel for me. No mention of my handloads.

What's up with Indy Arms? :-( I think they just want to sell ammo. Is this policy common for indoor ranges?

I didn't realize they had that rule, but I'm not surprised. On the rifle side, you can't use your own ammo of any type and have to buy from them. I understand, as they're trying to prevent what happened at Beech Grove Firearms, but I won't shoot rifles there. That said, I use their range often and enjoy it. Of course, I don't reload, so that issue doesn't bother me.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    If loctite was used on the allen screw it will need heat to loosen. I vote for heat gun, get it good and hot and give it a go making sure the allen wrench is well seated.

@llh1956 any other ideas?
    If it is that tight heat would help. I would use an allen bit in a driver to break it loose so you can get more downward pressure on the screw to prevent rounding out of the screw.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

At Indy Arms they do not ask if you are shooting reloads and I do not tell and always pick up most of my brass especially 45acp!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    At Indy Arms they do not ask if you are shooting reloads and I do not tell and always pick up most of my brass especially 45acp!
    Well, they asked this time and I foolishly answered I was testing handloads.

Now that the weather is beginning to cooperate with spring, I'll spend more time at FCVCC outside where I can test all I want.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I watched a guy shooting at the bowling pin event loading ammo into his mags out of a baggie (obviously reloads) in front of the range officer and nothing was said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom