THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I don't have a 365 either. When I was looking for a sweat resilient gun to carry when mowing, I chose the Shield Plus and that's been good enough for me. I don't really need to add more plastic to the gun safe, so I'll stick with what I have for now.
    Morning all.

Same here. I found a good deal on a Shield plus PC with the crimson trace MRD.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I don't have a 365 either. When I was looking for a sweat resilient gun to carry when mowing, I chose the Shield Plus and that's been good enough for me. I don't really need to add more plastic to the gun safe, so I'll stick with what I have for now.
    I enjoyed shooting your Shield Plus and found it comparable to the 365.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good Morning :coffee:

No Sig 365 here either. I’ve handled a couple at LGS and both had a very stiff mag release that I didn’t like. The guy behind the counter said he’s heard that complaint from several people. He also said it was because of the way I was holding it. Apparently my middle finger naturally wants to lay against the back side of the mag release and block it’s movement. I’ve never experienced that on other guns. I want to like it but it sounds like it just doesn’t fit me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good Morning :coffee:

No Sig 365 here either. I’ve handled a couple at LGS and both had a very stiff mag release that I didn’t like. The guy behind the counter said he’s heard that complaint from several people. He also said it was because of the way I was holding it. Apparently my middle finger naturally wants to lay against the back side of the mag release and block it’s movement. I’ve never experienced that on other guns. I want to like it but it sounds like it just doesn’t fit me.
    You might try one that has a WC module and see if it makes any difference for you. Personally I like the WC XL module on a standard 365 slide. I believe B2V has a standard 365 with the 10 round flush fit WC module, if you happen to see him sometime to try that combo out.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    You might try one that has a WC module and see if it makes any difference for you. Personally I like the WC XL module on a standard 365 slide. I believe B2V has a standard 365 with the 10 round flush fit WC module, if you happen to see him sometime to try that combo out.
    I also put an Armory Craft extended mag release in my WC grip module which really helped.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    That’s a good idea. I like the WC module on a 320 and I’ve heard good things about it on the 365.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Doing some practice work tonight, trying out different used end mills that were given to me. Mainly just seeing what the design of the cuts look like and practicing using the table a bit too. I know most of the cuts are rough, but these are used/worn tools, so to be expected. I really like the ball end mill and that cut is one I have in mind for a 1911 whenever I decide I'm ready.

View attachment 273304
    View attachment 273305

You could have worked for Mauser back in the day.

mauser work.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Man.....I've just be lurking here from time to time. Life craziness. Found out, in the last couple months, good friend, is ending his marriage, and I'm loosing my flip flop shooting range......OK, No I don't shoot in flip flops, BUT it's within flip flop walking range......UGH!!! On a side note, the place is listed now FOR SALE.

9.5 acres, with 8 acres woods, with ATV trails throughout. Of course, a gorgeous 100m range, in a natural ravine, with 15 to 20 feet sides with a natural 20 to 25 feet dirt backstop. 40x60 feet, concrete floored pole barn, a 20x30ish feet wood shed, which has concrete floor and a central vac system installed for wood working. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with a LARGE great room and even LARGER 3+ garage attached to the home. House sits on top of a huge hill that overlooks a Big Barbee Channel, which the property has a deeded 20 or 30 feet parcel on the channel, across from the acreage. He's asking $899,000. You can PM me with anyone interested. Gorgeous 3 season room, could be 4, overlooks Big Barbee......did I mention it has a gorgeous, natural 100m shooting range???......LOL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom