THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How about milling mammoth tusk .... become an ultimate custom grip maker ?
    The material is hard, like bone, as it's been stabilized with high-pressure resins.
    Something like this ?

View attachment 271163
    :wow:

I was thinking something more in line with my current skill level. Think Kindergarten with safety scissors and large pencil type stuff.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I stopped by Marksman’s and Tim’s in Westfield today.

Marksman’s has a P07, threaded barrel with suppressor height night sights for $499.

Tim’s has a newer Colt Python 6” stainless on consignment for $1249

I’ve been looking at those new production 4” Pythons but stop there.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’ve been looking at those new production 4” Pythons but stop there.
    I really like the Pythons. And they were one of my Father in Laws dream guns. He was excited about Colt starting production again but never got to see the new ones. We had many conversations about Pythons, old and new. When I think of Pythons I think of him so it would be a sentimental addition to my collection if I got one. Ironically, the new Python is not as smooth and refined as the S&W 29-2 I inherited from him and I probably won’t get one just because I know I would hardly shoot it compared to his S&W 29. Idk if that’s a fair comparison though. I have a feeling his S&W 29 was worked over by a gunsmith. The SA trigger is ridiculous!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Posted in the SA-35 thread but not here. Got my gun back from Allen today well before I expected it. New C&S trigger installed. Took it for a quick range trip. Definitely helped with the amount of let out and inconsistency of the reset quite a bit.

Deciding on any next steps. Thinking barrel crown and maybe some color though, need to determine if anything else needs done before color.

Meanwhile Allen about has me talked into a 2011 ;-) but my wallet has other ideas as I went after that to Sullivan's hardware on keystone to pay for a deck furniture order. (Hadn't been there until last week. That is the most bougie hardware store I've ever been in, but they know their stuff and seem to be great to deal with and they are a dealer of the poly deck furniture I was looking for and even had manufacturer rep there last week that I spoke to)

Meanwhile I still need to pay for the deck rebuild (doing Trex) once the materials come in (probably about 6 weeks out for the color my wife picked). Also got a pretty big tree that's going to be taken down and some other stuff.

We just celebrated our 30 year wedding anniversary so I guess it's better than buying jewelry (neither of us has ever been in that much) or something like that.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Bought some 300 BO ammo today, some hunting rounds, some subs, and some plinking. Still need to connect with TT and grab the defense rounds.

Now I just need to find time to get down south and have a conjugal visit with the upper while it's still in jail.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Posted in the SA-35 thread but not here. Got my gun back from Allen today well before I expected it. New C&S trigger installed. Took it for a quick range trip. Definitely helped with the amount of let out and inconsistency of the reset quite a bit.

Deciding on any next steps. Thinking barrel crown and maybe some color though, need to determine if anything else needs done before color.

Meanwhile Allen about has me talked into a 2011 ;-) but my wallet has other ideas as I went after that to Sullivan's hardware on keystone to pay for a deck furniture order. (Hadn't been there until last week. That is the most bougie hardware store I've ever been in, but they know their stuff and seem to be great to deal with and they are a dealer of the poly deck furniture I was looking for and even had manufacturer rep there last week that I spoke to)

Meanwhile I still need to pay for the deck rebuild (doing Trex) once the materials come in (probably about 6 weeks out for the color my wife picked). Also got a pretty big tree that's going to be taken down and some other stuff.

We just celebrated our 30 year wedding anniversary so I guess it's better than buying jewelry (neither of us has ever been in that much) or something like that.
    Good to hear on the HP.

Congrats on 30 years.

I'd like a Staccato, but I'm not paying the admission to play.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

When we built our current house in 2005 I built the deck using dark brown textured Trex. Needs a good spring power wash but still looks great! At out previous house had built a treated deck that only made it 10 years before it looked like :poop: and needed rebuilding. Replaced that decking with a light colored Trex and it still looks pretty good 25 years later.

Trex is heavy as heck and expensive but I feel very worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom