THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sleep is a good thing. It's the one thing that I tend to do well.

It was much worse when Monica lived here. She slept poorly and had horrible sleep habits (couldn't get ready for bed in a reasonable manner so that we could get 8 hours of sleep). On top of that she was working a schedule that got us up at 5am every morning by her screeching alarm. Now I go to bed at 10 or 11 and sleep until my body wakes me. If I read for ~30 minutes before bed, I fall asleep right away and sleep pretty soundly. I don't have an alarm any day except Saturday when I meet you and the other guys for breakfast. It's much more peaceful and I'm starting to get to the point where I can naturally get 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It was much worse when Monica lived here. She slept poorly and had horrible sleep habits (couldn't get ready for bed in a reasonable manner so that we could get 8 hours of sleep). On top of that she was working a schedule that got us up at 5am every morning by her screeching alarm. Now I go to bed at 10 or 11 and sleep until my body wakes me. If I read for ~30 minutes before bed, I fall asleep right away and sleep pretty soundly. I don't have an alarm any day except Saturday when I meet you and the other guys for breakfast. It's much more peaceful and I'm starting to get to the point where I can naturally get 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night.
    So four+ cups of coffee and three white Monsters yesterday was not good?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So four+ cups of coffee and three white Monsters yesterday was not good?

any of that past noon would have been bad for me. I'm really affected by caffeine, you might not be. I have read and watched videos where you need to give yourself at least 8 hours for the caffeine to get flushed out of your system in order for it to not affect sleep. For me it's closer to 12 hours. Thankfully I normally drink my 2nd (last) cup of coffee at 10 or 11 in the morning, so that usually works pretty well. Sometimes it's even earlier. Honestly if you have problems sleeping I'd try reducing caffeine intake and see if it helps. You also need to have other good sleep habits, but reducing caffeine has been a big one for me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    any of that past noon would have been bad for me. I'm really affected by caffeine, you might not be. I have read and watched videos where you need to give yourself at least 8 hours for the caffeine to get flushed out of your system in order for it to not affect sleep. For me it's closer to 12 hours. Thankfully I normally drink my 2nd (last) cup of coffee at 10 or 11 in the morning, so that usually works pretty well. Sometimes it's even earlier. Honestly if you have problems sleeping I'd try reducing caffeine intake and see if it helps. You also need to have other good sleep habits, but reducing caffeine has been a big one for me.
    I would actually say that I fairly sensitive to caffeine. Moderation is not my strong suit which is why I quit caffeine from time to time and then run into that one day of "need " and then it is game on. lol!

Dang....that 19-4 sold in classies....I should have bought that one. :-(

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm right there with you, though, generally I cut off any caffeine around 3PM. Sometimes that isn't enough depending on how much I have. I cut out most caffeine back in high school. Now it is an occasional hot chocolate or tea, sometimes a soda at lunch. A lot of times, I go with the caffeineless soda.

At home I drink mostly water, some juice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A daily Omeprazole keep the ulcers at bay for me. Some days one in the morning, and one before bed.

For me it's Nexium (Esomeprazole Magnesium). Just once a day does the trick, though every occasionally I'll still get acid reflux before bed, depending on what I ate that day.

I would actually say that I fairly sensitive to caffeine. Moderation is not my strong suit which is why I quit caffeine from time to time and the run into that one day of "need " and then it is game on. lol!

Dang....that 19-4 sold in classies....I should have bought that one. :-(

Reducing caffeine intake it way better for you than eliminating it entirely. If you cut one thing a day until you get to the right level, or drink all the caffeine you want until ~noon or so, you *should* see better sleep.

I'm right there with you, though, generally I cut off any caffeine around 3PM. Sometimes that isn't enough depending on how much I have. I cut out most caffeine back in high school. Now it is an occasional hot chocolate or tea, sometimes a soda at lunch. A lot of times, I go with the caffeineless soda.

At home I drink mostly water, some juice.

Yep. Everyone is different. Some can drink caffeine until bedtime and not be affected at all. I'm not that fortunate. I have cut out soda entirely and tea for the most part as well. I drink water and occasionally drink some powerade for something with flavor. It's really hard, but pretty much anything else affects me adversely in one way or another.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    That is easy. The level of deafness rises in proportion to the volume. Try shooting more w/o ear pro.
    Years of 357 with 1980's quality ear protection already did that...but I can hear the constant ringing fine. I don't understand that?LOL?

Back when I used to run, if someone asked why, I would answer with "I am running from time".

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Reducing caffeine intake it way better for you than eliminating it entirely. If you cut one thing a day until you get to the right level, or drink all the caffeine you want until ~noon or so, you *should* see better sleep.

Moderation?

Next you are going to tell me I only need one pistol, one rifle and one shotgun. :stickpoke:
    but you are right. Moderation is the key. I have cut out sugar and am working on weight. Down about 12 pounds. Doc and I agreed on 40 by end of the year.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    PCR anyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom