THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning. I grew up in a state farther north, and when I was growing up they didn't cancel school for anything. We had tornado drills, we went to school when it was snowing.

I don't understand how these things are not still done today. It is because we are more litigious than prior times?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good weekend. Barb has covid and I found the first tick on me this morning. And it's raining.
    :coffee:
    Sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers soon.

I returned from a week of out-of-state work travel on Friday. Wife got food poisoning Saturday. I got a bad cold on Sunday. Good times.

Positive note, I'm buying an old Logan / Montgomery Ward 10"x24" metal lathe tomorrow night.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We should all be careful not to only listen to opinions that mimic our own. Our position grows stronger by fully understanding those who don't agree with us. Strength in position is found when you fully understand an opposing view, yet still see the merits of your own position as best.
    This really is very well said. We have to understand the other side to be able to counter it. We also need to understand the other side to be able to better clarify our position, and if they do have a point we should be able to assimilate the information.

I used to be better about this. I sometimes think it gets harder as I get older.

Speaking of which, I read an opinion piece over on Indiana Capitol Chronicle, in which the author calls anyone who owns an AR-15 selfish. It is an interesting look into how some anti-gunners are starting to think.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Working in Greenfield today. The wind on the drive down north of Indy is no joke. There was a tree down on the I-65 to 465 leg across both southbound lanes. At one point around Whitestown my work van was getting wind rocked pretty hard and pelted by sticks and twigs getting ripped out of trees. I can’t imagine hauling a trailer through that. Be careful today all of you that drive for living.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers soon.

I returned from a week of out-of-state work travel on Friday. Wife got food poisoning Saturday. I got a bad cold on Sunday. Good times.

Positive note, I'm buying an old Logan / Montgomery Ward 10"x24" metal lathe tomorrow night.
    So, no picture of the lathe you are investing in?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This really is very well said. We have to understand the other side to be able to counter it. We also need to understand the other side to be able to better clarify our position, and if they do have a point we should be able to assimilate the information.

I used to be better about this. I sometimes think it gets harder as I get older.

Speaking of which, I read an opinion piece over on Indiana Capitol Chronicle, in which the author calls anyone who owns an AR-15 selfish. It is an interesting look into how some anti-gunners are starting to think.

Most of this country have become a soft, whiny bunch of pansies wholly dependent upon the government to get through their lives. They've been thoroughly indoctrinated to Leftist ideology. The idea of guns in the hands of normal people terrify these people because the government has said guns are bad unless they're in the hands of "authorized" people. They have listened to government officials and the media say that guns cause the problems, not the people wielding them, so of course anyone owning one of these evil weapons is selfish and evil. It's not new, it's just becoming more pervasive. The media and the government either suppress or gloss over any use of guns in self defense situations, so that the indoctrinated don't realize that there are justified cases where a gun can save lives. Look at how quickly the Greenwood Park Mall incident fell off the airwaves. It's ridiculous to me how many people believe the garbage pushed by the Left about guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning. I grew up in a state farther north, and when I was growing up they didn't cancel school for anything. We had tornado drills, we went to school when it was snowing.

I don't understand how these things are not still done today. It is because we are more litigious than prior times?
    I think that it's because those that run schools shrink from any hint of danger. Isn't it funny how many people practice cowering in the face of danger, yet still are offended if you refer to them as cowards.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So, no picture of the lathe you are investing in?
    Screenshot_20230403_132700_Chrome.jpg

Model# 04TLC-700A sold under the Montgomery Ward name. Pretty much same as a Logan 200. He's including 3 chucks, face plate, all change gears, quick change tool post and some cutting tools. It's setup for 110v and has a power cross feed from the factory.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Most of this country have become a soft, whiny bunch of pansies wholly dependent upon the government to get through their lives. They've been thoroughly indoctrinated to Leftist ideology. The idea of guns in the hands of normal people terrify these people because the government has said guns are bad unless they're in the hands of "authorized" people. They have listened to government officials and the media say that guns cause the problems, not the people wielding them, so of course anyone owning one of these evil weapons is selfish and evil. It's not new, it's just becoming more pervasive. The media and the government either suppress or gloss over any use of guns in self defense situations, so that the indoctrinated don't realize that there are justified cases where a gun can save lives. Look at how quickly the Greenwood Park Mall incident fell off the airwaves. It's ridiculous to me how many people believe the garbage pushed by the Left about guns.
    I agree 100%. The Marxist Left has to scapegoat and shift blame on guns otherwise they would have to look at what is increasing the rate of violence and evil which is the breakdown of the family, fatherlessness, and the moral rot of culture fueled by Marxist policies and indoctrination. And it goes across the board. It’s the same reason why when black kids aren’t making it into advanced classes at the same rate as white kids, they call math racist and cancel the advanced classes for everyone instead of looking at the root causes affecting under privileged children. They have to shift blame away from their failed ideology and in the distraction create alternate “truth” to prop themselves up.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I totally agree! Yesterday I had to have blood taken for an upcoming Dr. appt. I had to wait about 8 minutes before being called in. There were 3 older ladies around 50-65 year old talking about the total disrespect of the kids from grade school up to college and the lack of manners and a good work ethic. Next in their discussion was the recent shootings and out the window went respect and kindness for other people and that guns were the only problem. One said that she could not understand why anyone would want an AR-15! This ID'd there political side :facepalm:I did not take part of their discussion knowing it would be a waste of my time! but after the AR-15 comment I just thought about how much I like my AR-15's', shooting, cleaning, upgrading If I desire!:laugh:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    One said that she could not understand why anyone would want an AR-15!
    And she completely skipped over the more obvious question “why would anyone want to use an AR-15 to shoot innocent people?”

And the fact that those people exist is one reason why the rest of us need an AR-15.

Which begs my question “why would anyone WANT to be helplessly defenseless?”

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And she completely skipped over the more obvious question “why would anyone want to use an AR-15 to shoot innocent people?”

And the fact that those people exist is one reason why the rest of us need an AR-15.

Which begs my question “why would anyone WANT to be helplessly defenseless?”

Yep. I want an AR-15 because they're fun to shoot and are good to protect myself and others. Some Left wing nut job only wants one to kill people. Big difference and highlights that it's not the gun that is the problem.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Which reminds me… I’m still looking for a leather OWB holster for my P01 Omega. Versacarry had a sale a few weeks ago that I hit up. It ended up not fitting right and it would contact the mag release button. I sent it back. A reminder of why I don’t like to buy holsters without being able to try it on first. I plan on checking out all the holster booths at the NRA convention coming up.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Which reminds me… I’m still looking for a leather OWB holster for my P01 Omega. Versacarry had a sale a few weeks ago that I hit up. It ended up not fitting right and it would contact the mag release button. I sent it back. A reminder of why I don’t like to buy holsters without being able to try it on first. I plan on checking out all the holster booths at the NRA convention coming up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom