Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Guys, I have a confession to make. After shooting the G21sf this morning, it shot well enough that I have been carrying it all day. And, here is the bad part, I kinda like it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

On a positive CZ note, I got the first new mag for the P07/40 today and after rigging up a quick spring rate thingy using a kitchen scale, drill press and a dowel, found that the new mag spring is about 10% heavier than the existing mag springs. I'm very hopeful that new mags will help the P07/40 turn the corner towards becoming a true winter carry gun. I really wish I could find a source for extra power P07 mag springs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guys, I have a confession to make. After shooting the G21sf this morning, it shot well enough that I have been carrying it all day. And, here is the bad part, I kinda like it.

Wow......just Wow.....1st a reduction in 1911 carry and now this.

I don't even know you anymore man.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On a positive CZ note, I got the first new mag for the P07/40 today and after rigging up a quick spring rate thingy using a kitchen scale, drill press and a dowel, found that the new mag spring is about 10% heavier than the existing mag springs. I'm very hopeful that new mags will help the P07/40 turn the corner towards becoming a true winter carry gun. I really wish I could find a source for extra power P07 mag springs.

Nothing from Wolf.
    Can you make something else work...???

Wait, I am not speaking to you right now.........:whistle:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Have you compared the P-07 spring to a regular 75 or 75 compact spring? I wonder if those would work fine, because Wolff has those in extra power.

https://www.gunsprings.com/CZ/75 Series/cID1/mID16/dID91#842

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Wow......just Wow.....1st a reduction in 1911 carry and now this.

I don't even know you anymore man.

Nothing from Wolf.
    Can you make something else work...???

Wait, I am not speaking to you right now.........:whistle:
    I've been carrying my G30. Depending on the attire, I either use the 13rd mag with an x-grip spacer, or the flush 10rd mag if concealment is more of a concern. The dang thing carries well and 11-14 rounds of .45 on board is really comforting to my soul while I'm out and about. I've been wanting to carry the P-01, but .45 man......

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You don't have to justify your decisions to anyone, well, maybe your wife ;). Do you have a stock trigger on the G30?
    Oh I try to justify my decisions to her and Rusty all the time, neither one of them understand me, starting to think nobody ever will.....:dunno:

I put a Royal Arms trigger in it, about a $60 upgrade, it's like night and day for me. I never liked the way a factory Glock trigger felt and never liked the pull either. This new trigger puts the trigger's rested position where there is really no takeup, it's basically already at "the wall". It's almost like a reach reduction kit in a way, you don't have to reach so far forward to engage the trigger with your finger, which is something I strongly dislike on a factory trigger. This gun is stupid accurate for me if I get a proper grip and do my part. Even though you guys aren't Glock guys and I don't really consider myself one either, this trigger is something I think you would be impressed with.

Flat Competition Glock Trigger

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh I try to justify my decisions to her and Rusty all the time, neither one of them understand me, starting to think nobody ever will.....:dunno:

I put a Royal Arms trigger in it, about a $60 upgrade, it's like night and day for me. I never liked the way a factory Glock trigger felt and never liked the pull either. This new trigger puts the trigger's rested position where there is really no takeup, it's basically already at "the wall". It's almost like a reach reduction kit in a way, you don't have to reach so far forward to engage the trigger with your finger, which is something I strongly dislike on a factory trigger. This gun is stupid accurate for me if I get a proper grip and do my part. Even though you guys aren't Glock guys and I don't really consider myself one either, this trigger is something I think you would be impressed with.

I would very much like to try it. It sounds very interesting. Despite our kidding around, I don't hate G*****. They just don't seem to fit me very well. They don't point naturally. I have run quite a few and enjoyed most of them. I shot a tiny little fotay that wasn't much fun and a small one chambered in .357 that was just punishing.

As for justifying to people, I try to justify my decisions to the Wizard. He plays along and is generally supportive but he thinks I am some combination of crazy/stupid/obsessed. That's especially true when I continue to make the same poor decisions over and over again.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I would very much like to try it. It sounds very interesting. Despite our kidding around, I don't hate G*****. They just don't seem to fit me very well. They don't point naturally. I have run quite a few and enjoyed most of them. I shot a tiny little fotay that wasn't much fun and a small one chambered in .357 that was just punishing.

As for justifying to people, I try to justify my decisions to the Wizard. He plays along and is generally supportive but he thinks I am some combination of crazy/stupid/obsessed. That's especially true when I continue to make the same poor decisions over and over again.
    Hmmmm........so this Wizard you speak of sure sounds a lot like a friend I call Rusty........interesting.

I hate the ergos of a Glock and the factory trigger. I took a brand new G30, undercut the trigger guard and rounded the edges (because this always tore my knuckle up on my middle finger) and then fixed the crap-tastic trigger. That was the only way I was gonna get another one and remotely have a chance of enjoying it and keeping it. I'm more than satisfied with the results. Downside is the gun has the curb appeal of a VCR tape, but I keep in mind it's just a soul-less tool, and it just makes my CZs look that much better.

The little fotay you speak of would be the G27, their subcompact that's similar to a Rami. Those things are horrible to shoot with a flush fit mag, add the pinky extension and much better but still not that enjoyable. They bark for sure. Rusty and I have both owned one and he will agree with me on this.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Interesting. I'd love to try that trigger sometime. I can't stand Glock triggers. I love flat faced triggers and that sounds like it might work for me. I've been thinking I might pick up a G30/30sf sometime and that could seal the deal. Is that a drop in kit?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning all... :coffee:

Interesting. I'd love to try that trigger sometime. I can't stand Glock triggers. I love flat faced triggers and that sounds like it might work for me. I've been thinking I might pick up a G30/30sf sometime and that could seal the deal. Is that a drop in kit?
    I also love a flat faced trigger. Basically yes it's a drop in. You remove the trigger assy, drive out the trigger pin (it's sealed in plastic on one side), remove the factory trigger and install the new trigger with the new pin. The new trigger is made of anodized aluminum.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This is an awful lot of Glock talk this morning, sorry for that.

Back to CZ stuff. I am patiently waiting to get a Rami BD and the new P10 striker fire. My wife has been talking about getting something bigger than her G42 and I think that P10 could be the ticket. Oh who am I trying to fool, I want it too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I also love a flat faced trigger. Basically yes it's a drop in. You remove the trigger assy, drive out the trigger pin (it's sealed in plastic on one side), remove the factory trigger and install the new trigger with the new pin. The new trigger is made of anodized aluminum.

Very cool. Might have to look into this. There was a gun I shot that RRS had that I wanted to get the kit for, but it was a lot more expensive (and I've forgotten who made it anyway). I might try this one to see what I think. Glocks are easy to come by, so I might buy one just to test... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is an awful lot of Glock talk this morning, sorry for that.

Back to CZ stuff. I am patiently waiting to get a Rami BD and the new P10 striker fire. My wife has been talking about getting something bigger than her G42 and I think that P10 could be the ticket. Oh who am I trying to fool, I want it too.

That's the other thing I want. I want to try one bad, especially after hearing Mac saying the trigger was better than the PPQ... :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom