Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Doing pretty good. Sitting here at work awaiting the Wizard's imminent arrival.

Very cool.

My wife has to go in even earlier than planned today, so I have to get the turkey in the oven soon. She left yesterday at 10:30 and didn't get home until a bit after 11:00, so I decided I'd wait to cook the bird today, since she wasn't supposed to go in until 5:00. We'll still have turkey for lunch, she just won't have as long to digest it before heading out. I hate messing with a turkey, but the end results are nice ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very cool.

My wife has to go in even earlier than planned today, so I have to get the turkey in the oven soon. She left yesterday at 10:30 and didn't get home until a bit after 11:00, so I decided I'd wait to cook the bird today, since she wasn't supposed to go in until 5:00. We'll still have turkey for lunch, she just won't have as long to digest it before heading out. I hate messing with a turkey, but the end results are nice ;)

I want to do one on the Grill for our Christmas family gathering.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard that's really good, especially if you can use some wood chips for some nice smoke :yesway:

We have a combo propane/charcoal/smoker that is seriously sweet.
    SIL smoked a bird for their Turkey day. It looked good.

I have done a few on the weber in the past and nothing else can come close taste wise.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We have a combo propane/charcoal/smoker that is seriously sweet.
    SIL smoked a bird for their Turkey day. It looked good.

I have done a few on the weber in the past and nothing else can come close taste wise.

I'd like to buy a small turkey to do sometime. The wife doesn't like smoke flavor ( :( ), but I do :D

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mornin folks.

BA, I'd have figured you'd learnt by now to never say stuff like only one more this year..... Had I said I was done for the year, I would have been lying... Now I'm researching which red dot I want before all the sales end. This new AR pistol must have an optic, because there is nowhere to put a front sight.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a CZ shotgun in my cabelas online shopping cart. On the fence about ordering since it isn't actually made by CZ.
    If I recall correctly, the CZ over unders are pretty nice. It was the pumps, I think that people were concerned with more. At least I thought that's what I read. Don't quote me on that. I seen lots of talk about that deal though.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    From what I've seen, the real issues were prior to 2007. CZ customer service is good so I'm sure it would be fine. $550 seems like a good deal.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    From what I've seen, the real issues were prior to 2007. CZ customer service is good so I'm sure it would be fine. $550 seems like a good deal.
    You're in the wrong place if you're looking for someone to talk you out of it. Unless it's a G****.

Go go for it maan, feed your soul. You need that shotgun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom