Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, if anyone is interested in such a deal, Best Buy has the Roku 3 on sale today for $49.99, which came to around $53 shipped, with tax. That's $20 - $30 off what it regularly sells for.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Thanksgiving folks! :coffee:

Glad to hear that the BD worked out for you BA. I hope to shoot it one of these days. Question for you: When you head out to the range, how do you decide what to take with you that day? It has to be tough having so many nice guns to choose from and yet knowing that with ammo costs, you can't put 50 rounds through them all each week.

I'm getting ready to head out for a walk. Our family is getting together at my mother's house later today for dinner. It's one of my favorite days of the year. I'd try to make it even better by shooting this morning, but am not sure if MCFG is still closed for maintenance on Thursday mornings. I'm guessing not, but don't want to drive all the way out there only to find a mowing crew there. Tomorrow is home project day for me. I have to put hardwood down on the upper stairs hallway and prep the downstairs bathroom floor for stain. I may squeeze a quick range trip in tomorrow morning as is my weeky habit on Friday's.

Good luck with the RO CM. Can't wait to see the finished product.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I should really stop talking myself into things and just go with my gut instinct. Here's some insight into my warped mind.

A few examples:

1) Buy a 308 rifle
    - I've been talking myself slowly back into this.
    - Instinct says "308 is expensive to run, especially in Semi-Auto rifles" and "you got out of 308 so you could run your 5.56 ARs more often and at half the cost of ammo".

2) Buy a Rami again
    - I've been telling myself to settle for the thumb safety, standard sight setup, because it's available now and cheaper to get into.
    - Instinct says "you really want the BD decocker version with factory night sights even though you'll have to wait possibly months before they become available".

3) Buy an ACOG for your AR
    - I've shot two different rifles with one, the glass is amazing, but the cost for a new one is salty at $1100 on up. Trying hard to convince myself to buy one, even at that price point. Really like a 3-4 power optic setup on an AR.
    - Instinct says "you would be fine with an optic for over half the price , such as a Vortex PST 1-4 scope, or a Prism scope from Vortex, Burris, or Primary Arms."

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I should really stop talking myself into things and just go with my gut instinct. Here's some insight into my warped mind.

A few examples:

1) Buy a 308 rifle
    - Instinct says "308 is expensive to run, especially in Semi-Auto rifles" and "you got out of 308 so you could run your 5.56 ARs more often and at half the cost of ammo".

2) Buy a Rami again
    - I've been telling myself to settle for the thumb safety, standard sight setup, because it's available now and cheaper to get into.
    - Instinct says "you really want the BD decocker version with factory night sights even though you'll have to wait possibly months before they become available".

- I've shot two different rifles with one, the glass is amazing, but the cost for a new one is salty at $1100 on up. Trying hard to convince myself to buy one, even at that price point. Really like a 3-4 power optic setup on an AR.
    - Instinct says "you would be fine with an optic for over half the price , such as a Vortex PST 1-4 scope, or a Prism scope from Vortex, Burris, or Primary Arms."
    I'm not getting involved with your conversations with yourself.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

A few examples:

1) Buy a 308 rifle

2) Buy a Rami again

Arguments with myself are never ending.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Thanksgiving, 88. Choosing what to take and what to leave is becoming harder and harder. ;)
    Truly something to be thankful for today!

I recently acquired a 5 pistol case from Case club. This will put a limit on what I can carry.
    Wow, that must qualify as the worlds largest holster! What type of belt do you have to use to carry that?

I am considering the 8 gun case.
    Ok, this would make an even larger holster but would ease the carry decision somewhat. What should I carry today? All of them!

I'm a big fan of the CaseClub cases too. I've been buying the 4 gun cases, but should look at some of the larger ones for deep storage of the stuff not in current rotation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom