Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Shoot your EDC everytime you go to the range. Even if it is only one mag.

Yeah, I definitely do that, but I just got my new EDC a week ago. :) The nightstand gun goes with me every time. I need to spend some serious "me" time with the RAMI and the Omega, preferably alone at Blythe's.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What BA said.

I have just recently gotten to where I only take 4 with me at the most. I get more time on them that way.
    Me too, unless it is a group shoot where everyone wants to try out different stuff. But I am rethinking that. When we get someone that wants to try some I am only going to take 3 or 4. Otherwise they seem to be overwhelmed and can't really focus in on one they like.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Morning all.
    wow, I'm 40 pages behind on the thread... been busy with work and not much time to be in on INGO :(

It's snowing a little bit in Fishers, but not sticking

Looking forward to a range trip tomorrow with WTB & Hopper

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Howdy folks!

The Wizard and I were trying our hand at point shooting on Thursday. We satisfied ourselves that at 5-7 yards it would be no problem and does speed things up quite a bit.

I've been trying to improve my point shooting skill. The finger groove grips really help to give a consistent grip. Point shooting was behind installing them on all of my carry guns.

I had those issues with the satin nickel compact. But, the finish has proven to be very durable. I keep getting guns to replace it to save it from everyday wear. I keep going back to it because I don't shoot anything quite as well.

My Ed Brown is like that for me. When I bought it, I thought I had the one and only carry 1911 I'd ever need. Then it started to show carry wear and I started to carry other guns except in situations that are not hard on the gun. Now, I carry the CCO as my EDC and don't carry the Brown at all. I'm actually thinking I might sell it now.

I am about to get insanely busy. Big project going that is hour and a half one way roll. It will take a week to build the metal. Near a week to get all the equipment and get organized. 1 full day just to pack everything over and load it out. 2 full weekends to install it and at least 1 full day set up run time.
    Put the Holidays in the middle of this and Oh Boy.
    Up side, Gun fun fund will be boosted back up.Custom 1911 will be fully funded and I might squeeze an new AR out of it as well. 24" bull barrel like the Wizards. I know how to build one of those.....:):
    :rockwoot:
    I was just looking through my gun book. I have acquired 15 guns this year and 10 of them have already moved on. '16 will not be like that. I am going to do my very best not to sell anymore. Don't buy it unless you plan on keeping it. :yesway:

I still have a couple to weed out of the collection, but for the most part, mine are keepers. Unless I see something shiney that I've got to jump on, then the least shot keeper starts to look less like a keeper. (See comment about the Brown above :))
    Shoot your EDC everytime you go to the range. Even if it is only one mag.

That's the way to do it. That is also why my Kimber Compact is my most shot 1911. But, at the current rate of shooting, the CCO will scream past it sometime next year with the CZ 1911 on it's tail.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Checking in after my drive to mid michigan today. Drive up was fine, hit some light snow around Lansing. Left at 1:30, just got home about 1/2 hour ago.... Averaged 35 mph on 69 pulling an empty enclosed car trailer... But all is well, I'm tired but I'm alive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Checking in after my drive to mid michigan today. Drive up was fine, hit some light snow around Lansing. Left at 1:30, just got home about 1/2 hour ago.... Averaged 35 mph on 69 pulling an empty enclosed car trailer... But all is well, I'm tired but I'm alive.

:yesway:

I rolled south from Decatur around 2:00 PM. It was slow going.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, my gun did not get sold as the buyer got sent in another direction by the spousal unit. We will get together this week. I am still on if you can give me a minute.

Family 1st....last and always.
    No you're fine. I'm in no hurry. This week should work good. Haven't decided if I'm working Friday yet, I usually take that day off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom