• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I agree. Brian Glas is a great guy. He makes these in his garage. He went out and got some quarter-sawn oak to make a set for me. :yesway:
    I had a buddy that made knives. He would take brass buttons from civil war uniforms and put them on all his handles. Was a work of art.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My Xds is great for deep conceal, but you better be within 7 ft of what your shooting!!

Yeah, I don't like to carry something that I feel might be a compromise. I was ringing steel with my Shield at ~20 yards no problem and that's what I carry when I have to conceal. Not the best for conceal carry, but not bad. I just have to learn to do something more than sloppy CC... :):

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yeah, I don't like to carry something that I feel might be a compromise. I was ringing steel with my Shield at ~20 yards no problem and that's what I carry when I have to conceal. Not the best for conceal carry, but not bad. I just have to learn to do something more than sloppy CC... :):
    Sometimes my options are limited. 80% of the time I'm in the city. Deep conceal is a must depending on my attire. The Xds is my only option sometimes.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's the beauty of winter time. My full size PPQ is on me when I'm out and about. Super easy to fully conceal with a hoodie over it in an OWB.....and I'm 135 lbs.

Come summer time, it'll be a Glock 43 OWB under a t-shirt most of the time. The PPQ is really obvious under a t-shirt...

Sometimes my options are limited. 80% of the time I'm in the city. Deep conceal is a must depending on my attire. The Xds is my only option sometimes.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Not a knock on you, I don't have the same constraints ;)

Of course, I can't carry when I work downtown, which is the reason I spend a lot of my time working from home...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't carry at work. But, any other time I will have something or some things on me. I like winter because the shoulder rig is very comfy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not a knock on you, I don't have the same constraints ;)

Of course, I can't carry when I work downtown, which is the reason I spend a lot of my time working from home...

Same situation here. I have something on me when outside of the office. Fortunately, that's almost always.

I can't carry at work. But, any other time I will have something or some things on me. I like winter because the shoulder rig is very comfy.

I just picked up a shoulder rig in September and started using it regularly in late October. It is a comfy way to carry, especially if you drive a lot of spend a lot of time in a computer chair. But, you're right about it not being the fastest access around. For the most part, I carry the CCO in an OWB holster, but when heading out into the public, will put the shoulder rig on as well with the CZ 1911. The CCO makes a great BUG for the full size, but it's still all right arm focused. I need to pick up a left hand holster for the 938 when it comes in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom