• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    These off-year elections are strange. I don't see any real indicator of how things will go next year. If anything, it just shows how divided everything is. It really seems like we're in an age of plurality. No real cohesive majorities, but mostly coalitions across issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    maga15.jpg

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...m_campaign=Daily+Deal&utm_content=12:00+Email

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    https://www.wthr.com/article/judge-rejects-president-trump-moral-objection-rule-health-care

Watch for Trump's numbers to get a bump up. Most of the country is not so rabidly pro-abortion as to require clinicians to participate. Legal recognition of various kinds of conscientious objectors has a long tradition in the US.

(Had I known Trump's administration was even proposing this, I would have lauded him/them for it earlier.)
    Isn't this another case of the executive trying to make law?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't this another case of the executive trying to make law?

Well, more like trying to do the right thing the wrong way. Maybe.

That is, to the extent the legislation includes any room for administrative discretion, or needs rules for implementation, then that's where the executive can create the necessary rules. (Like the ATF figuring out how to classify various small arms to see if they are machine guns.)

Given the breadth of the Administrative Branch, the courts are relatively routinely asked to determine if the rules are in-bounds.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I read the case. Both. I pasted the parts that were important, nothing banned students praying. It only banned schools and school faculty from forcing students to hear prayer.

If youre so certain it bans students from praying, why not paste the part where the courts ruled that with a source, dude?

I just noticed I never got a answer on this?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    https://www.wthr.com/article/judge-rejects-president-trump-moral-objection-rule-health-care

Watch for Trump's numbers to get a bump up. Most of the country is not so rabidly pro-abortion as to require clinicians to participate. Legal recognition of various kinds of conscientious objectors has a long tradition in the US.

(Had I known Trump's administration was even proposing this, I would have lauded him/them for it earlier.)

I certainly hope there is a way around this. Murdering your own children is horrendous but forcing someone else to participate against their moral or religious beliefs makes a truly horrible act even more inhumane and despicable.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Why would the government tell a DR. He/She/It had to preform a abortion?

I will never understand the need for a abortion if it’s a normal pregnancy we need babies even the unwanted ones.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Seems odd to me. I would think that a job would entail performing abortions or not. If you take a job that performs abortions, you best not have any objections to doing so. If you take a job that doesn't, no one should be trying to force you to do so.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    STOP EVERYTHING.

I was promised (by someone, somewhere) that this whole impeachment thing would bring the House to a standstill. Gridlock. No damage to be done while fixated on Sir Orange-a-lot.

But no.

The House actually passed a law. A criminal law. A FELONY criminal law. A FEDERAL FELONY CRIMINAL LAW.

They passed a law criminalizing animal cruelty at the federal level.

https://www.wthr.com/article/us-house-passes-bill-making-animal-cruelty-federal-felony

Gimme a stinkin' break.

Not everything needs to be a federal felony.

I wonder how long it will take the Senate to pass it.

Anything that stops the furries/zoophiles is okay in my book.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have ya'll see the video where Jeff Sessions emasculates himself. I used to think crack or heroin were the most addictive of drugs, but it looks like federal political power is. Have some self respect man! I feel sorry for Sessions. I really do.

[video=youtube;_678DkgBKYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_678DkgBKYg&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I always thought of ole Jeff as a weaseling little guy!

The kind of guy that’s dedicated to the mission and can easily be used as a faithful pawn. Not bad to have a few of them around you have to keep your eye on them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's spelled Yuuuge. Sounds like she was mesmerized by the orange glow.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uh. Karela, honey, you better wipe that, uh, essence off your chin and get dressed. Your therapy session with Dr Smith is in an hour.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom