The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    She is the gift that keeps on giving

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3467...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro
    BACKFIRE: Reporters Go After Ocasio-Cortez After She Bans Press From Town Hall

ocasio_cortez.jpg

One of the comments.
    Curtis Houck

@CurtisHouck

The liberal media making lefties feel unsafe is the funniest thing I've read in awhile here on Twitter dot com

Act likes her and she’s not even a ginger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If it's true... and if it is true, that guy appears to divulging information I can't help but think would be classified. Whether one likes it or not, the Benghazi case has been investigated and settled... officially. If the WH is going to make the case that Brennan's clearance was revoked based on illegal actions or wrongdoing they should present it... and then show some consistency and revoke the clearances of people with similar issues. As it appears now, all the clearances that are under review seem to in that status because those persons worked under the previous administration, or have been critical of the current administration.

.... and Michael Flynn still has a security clearance. :dunno:

Flynn should certainly not still have his clearance. And neither should Brennan.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Clearance isnt access. This is truly a very sensitive area and right so but many many people get high security clearances even for civilian jobs. It doesnt mean dick really except that they have had aninvestigation, a file made and their background and current life looked into harder than a normal person in order to clear them for a job that could contain sensitive information or equipment necessary for the continuation of society (think power plants). It isnt govt or state secrets 98% of the time. We have conpartmentalized access to high lev programs which prevents one person from accessing too much of one area. Some of the document dumps of highly classified programs and info baffle me that one person could access it all and that itself was a huge fail on our intelligence community. However ,The media is intentionaly misleading people or they just dont grasp this concept. But since they will compromise national security since before Nixon by releasing classified top secret **** I'm sure they get it. (Ref the Vietnam papers or wetf they called it, that they actualy published top secret documents in news papers and guarantees got American soldiers and civilians killed. Thabks media.) The SO CALLED media is a pox.
    I'm all for freedom of the press but we need press watchdogs that go after these hacks that say they are media but are nothing but political operatives. Where is the line constitutionaly between someone allowed to call themselves press and just a citizen expressing freedom of speech? I'm seriously asking.
    But one thing is absolutely clear to me and that is that we need to start throwing mother ****ers in jail who leak and who discriminate classified materials. Lock them up and throw away the key and I'm not even kidding. Terrorism charges or whatever keeps them locked up.
    We have too many so called reporters who are nothing more than lying self serving hacks. They need to have their credentials revoked.

No I dont think it's the presidents job to go after the media but I do think he has a right to respond and call out fake stories. The media as a whole I do believe is corrupt though.only out for themselves and gratitude and awards and not the truth. There are few that do it for the truth who are allowed to be mainstream anymore.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    In the case of the Pentagon Papers, the government was lying to its citizens in a huge way. Someone needed to blow the whistle, and I'm glad they did.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok my point really wasnt the Pentagon papers specifically during Vietnam just one example. It shouldnt have happened. If you call it treason or dont or whatever the supreme court thought. It got American soldiers and agents of our govt killed. Just like other things the media have published have done.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The first published accounts of the Pentagon Papers was in 1971.

Here is a summary of US deaths in Vietnam during the war years:

fatalities-graphic.png

Your statement doesn't comport with the reality, sir. Mistakes, bad judgements (mostly by democratic administrations) and outright lies by the administration to the public were covered up under the aegis of top secret classification. Take all the top government officials at the time and have them count off 1 - 2 and shoot all the 2's....you still wouldn't get everyone involved in this conspiracy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The first published accounts of the Pentagon Papers was in 1971.

Here is a summary of US deaths in Vietnam during the war years:

fatalities-graphic.png

Your statement doesn't comport with the reality, sir. Mistakes, bad judgements (mostly by democratic administrations) and outright lies by the administration to the public were covered up under the aegis of top secret classification. Take all the top government officials at the time and have them count off 1 - 2 and shoot all the 2's....you still wouldn't get everyone involved in this conspiracy.
    Ok so you will state 100% to me that not one American life was lost due to the publication of the so called Pentagon papers? Bull **** Sir

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If it's true... and if it is true, that guy appears to divulging information I can't help but think would be classified. Whether one likes it or not, the Benghazi case has been investigated and settled... officially. If the WH is going to make the case that Brennan's clearance was revoked based on illegal actions or wrongdoing they should present it... and then show some consistency and revoke the clearances of people with similar issues. As it appears now, all the clearances that are under review seem to in that status because those persons worked under the previous administration, or have been critical of the current administration.

.... and Michael Flynn still has a security clearance. :dunno:

And who would investigate? The DOJ/FBI who has proven to be corrupt? Oh, but Peter Strzok is a patriot, right? The Intel cabal has circled the wagons but they have little to fear. The MSM is working overtime to cover their tracks and distract the American public from the truth. Nothing can be allowed to see the light of day that might detract from the deification of Barack Obama. The Intel Community leadership, the DOJ/FBI ably abetted by the MSM have chosen a side rather than serving the American people. That, my friends, is treason.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And who would investigate? The DOJ/FBI who has proven to be corrupt? Oh, but Peter Strzok is a patriot, right? The Intel cabal has circled the wagons but they have little to fear. The MSM is working overtime to cover their tracks and distract the American public from the truth. Nothing can be allowed to see the light of day that might detract from the deification of Barack Obama. The Intel Community leadership, the DOJ/FBI ably abetted by the MSM have chosen a side rather than serving the American people. That, my friends, is treason.

This is a circular argument that only feeds predetermined beliefs. Keep in mind that numerous investigations were conducted into Benghazi, outside of the DoJ, and that the Obama administration and partially blamed the intelligence community for the event... so, if your belief is to hold water, the intelligence community happily went along with the narrative the WH put out, and weren't concerned in the least, with fault being placed in their laps. I, personally, find that difficult to believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom