The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh. One more thing. It’s interesting to hear the exact phrasing we heard from the right not long ago “...candidates that actually stand for something are how we win.”

More of that on both sides would help people clarify which candidate is the best choice based on their personal priorities, rather than which party.

In terms of HRC losing because she was too "center" (as opposed to "too Satanic") is more anecdotal evidence that some Dems haven't come to grips with the fact that she was a fundamentally flawed candidate. Almost anyone (like Tim Kaine) with the same political positions probably would've done better.

But, before we get to 2020, it still looks to me like it'll be a Republican Congress for the next 2 years.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sorry you have to see this, act, in your condition and everything, this must be a sensitive time for you.

But, sometimes this happens to me. People read my posts, they feel a sense of attachment. Depending on what real life relationships they have, sometimes they fixate on me. I try to let them down easy, but sometimes it is an emotional experience. It can even cause them to act out... like changing the color of their posts to obscurely pastel hues.

Sometimes I feel bad, but it just wasn't meant to be.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dude. I literally heard that song on XM an hour ago. :) Brought back memories.

Its not that simple... and for the ladies, its something a little different.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What's O.P.P. stand for?:)

[video=youtube;idx3GSL2KWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx3GSL2KWs[/video]

Last time driving through Ontario, I was actually hoping to get pulled over so I could tell the officer that I was in fact down with OPP.;)

opp-624x352.jpg

I hear even the cops in Kanardia are nice, but I bet that would've earned me a nice curbstompin.:laugh:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    None of this is any different than what I've said.

The only issue I see with it is the hypocrisy of only applying it when the favored candidate got elected.

You keep coming back to this notion that there's an expectation that Trump supporters should criticize him. I don't understand that. At least for me, that's a non-issue. There are plenty of topics/threads/people that I don't respond to.

The problem comes with the active, hypocritical defense of Trump's actions, including statements, just because he is Trump and not HRC. That's the pet peeve.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal
    ˌhipəˈkridək(ə)l
    adjective
    behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

Are you sure this is your hill? I hired the man to do a job; and he's doing it quite well, thank you

Again, I'm not sure how his lack of standards impugn my own. If you hire someone to remodel your house, do you check to see if he is divorced or is faithful to his wife or living in sin or believes as you do on open borders regardless of ill effects on country because life is hard where asylees live? Or do you hire him because you believe he will do a good job

With the exception of the Trump popularity thread I started, I am almost exclusively a counter-puncher. When Trump is criticized I attempt to rise to the defense of my president. Mostly I do a bit of research and attempt to come up with an alternate rationale for the underlying behavior. If it is sand-papering your sensibilities I guess I'm doing something right, but that is not my
    raison d'être

I would hesitate to impugn your forthrightness as you have mine; but my experience in the world tells me that the more interested people are in virtue signaling, quite often the less virtue they have

Something something unexamined life something

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Andrew McCarthy, in the NRO

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/john-brennan-security-clearance-revocation-justified/

I do not share my friend David French’s theoretical constitutional concerns about the president’s revocation of security clearances — at least when it comes to former government officials who become media commentators and have no demonstrable need for a security clearance.

Quite apart from the ongoing investigations, there is considerable evidence that intelligence was rampantly politicized on Brennan’s watch as CIA director and, before that, Obama’s homeland-security adviser. For example, Obama-administration national-security officials deceptively downplayed weapons threats posed by Syria, Iran, and North Korea. As The Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes notes, Brennan directed the CIA to keep under wraps the vast majority of documents seized in the raid on Osama bin Laden’s Pakistani compound, precisely because that information put the lie to Obama-administration narratives about a “decimated” al-Qaeda, the moderation of Iran, and general counterterrorism success.(Since this week’s craze is the Trump administration’s use of non-disclosure agreements, we should add Hayes’s reporting that Brennan’s CIA presented NDAs to survivors of the Benghazi terrorist attack — at a memorial service for those killed during the siege — in order to silence them while the Obama administration’s indefensible performance was being investigated.) In 2015, over 50 intelligence analysts complained that their reports on ISIS and al-Qaeda were being altered by senior officials in order to support misleading Obama-administration storylines. Brennan himself was instrumental in the administration’s submission to the demands of Islamist organizations that information about sharia-supremacist ideology be purged from the training of security officials.

But by all means, let's couch it as a free speech/Trump is a bully story rather than Brennan is a despicable excuse for a patriot who likely would have been dealt with far differently without Mueller and the constant drumbeat of Russian collusion. Do we think that an experienced political operator like that didn't know inserting himself into the controversy at all levels operated to make it harder to discipline/fire him because of the optics?

The part I highlighted in red was news to me and particularly incensed me. But by all means, let's make this about Trump's character and not Brennan's (or Clapper's or Rice's or Lynch's or Lerner's ...)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    damn Kris Paronto has a valid argument.

If it's true... and if it is true, that guy appears to divulging information I can't help but think would be classified. Whether one likes it or not, the Benghazi case has been investigated and settled... officially. If the WH is going to make the case that Brennan's clearance was revoked based on illegal actions or wrongdoing they should present it... and then show some consistency and revoke the clearances of people with similar issues. As it appears now, all the clearances that are under review seem to in that status because those persons worked under the previous administration, or have been critical of the current administration.

.... and Michael Flynn still has a security clearance. :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It would probably be best for America if all the people that worked under the previous administration were fired and had their clearances revoked. And then receive fair trials and put in prison.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If it's true... and if it is true, that guy appears to divulging information I can't help but think would be classified. Whether one likes it or not, the Benghazi case has been investigated and settled... officially. If the WH is going to make the case that Brennan's clearance was revoked based on illegal actions or wrongdoing they should present it... and then show some consistency and revoke the clearances of people with similar issues. As it appears now, all the clearances that are under review seem to in that status because those persons worked under the previous administration, or have been critical of the current administration.

.... and Michael Flynn still has a security clearance. :dunno:
    ?? What Information did he divulge that was classified? I'll answer for you, nothing. If those guys who got ****ed in Benghazi would have divulged anything classified then you can bet the house they would have been put in jail by Obama. Whom they proved to be a liar along with his administration over Benghazi and the coverup.

Benghazi investigation was a hack job done by political hacks. Beurocrats with a vested interest in not finding or exposing the real truth. Also when the very top levels of the govt **** up and also control the information and narrative, it's not hard to see how the truth could be suppressed.
    Mike Flynn was railroaded and is a patriot that lawyer hacks hung out to dry and crusified. They should lose their clearances and jobs not him. He lied to VP pence and for that he deserved to be fired. But hes not a criminal and he should be pardoned

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom