The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/06/politics/mar-a-lago-foreign-workers-request/index.html

...21 of these positions are for cooks. I find it dubious that these are jobs that Americans can't or won't do, especially since the Winter WH has used theses visas to hire cooks, servers, and housekeepers. This would appear to undermine the idea of allowing people to come here only if "they are the best."

You mean you don't think the best [STRIKE]cooks[/STRIKE] chefs are French?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Some Brits all upset with trump for sitting in churchill’s Chair. Hah. Did they care when Obama removed his bust?

churchill would be livid with his pansy country today

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah? The first thing that comes to mind about Churchill is how his ego resulted in thousands dying at Gallipoli.

AFAIK, Trump hasn't killed thousands....and might even settle the North Korea crisis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah? The first thing that comes to mind about Churchill is how his ego resulted in thousands dying at Gallipoli.
    The first thing that comes to mind with Churchill was that he wasn’t Chamberlain. From the acknowledgment of where Britain would have been without him, it’s fair to level due criticisms of a man flawed by the common infirmities of all humans. But it’s not the infirmities that defind why he was an important person in history.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think England has had a great wartime leader since Henry V, although Nelson and Wellington would be close. Churchill was a deeply flawed man. These weren't "common infirmities". With great power comes great responsibility.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Some Brits all upset with trump for sitting in churchill’s Chair. Hah. Did they care when Obama removed his bust?

churchill would be livid with his pansy country today

If it was hitlary setting there they would be falling over themselves with “madam president” praises.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If it was hitlary setting there they would be falling over themselves with “madam president” praises.

Butt they would still have to sanitize the chair.

xGgBzLZ.jpg

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The first thing that comes to mind with Churchill was that he wasn’t Chamberlain. From the acknowledgment of where Britain would have been without him, it’s fair to level due criticisms of a man flawed by the common infirmities of all humans. But it’s not the infirmities that defind why he was an important person in history.

Just so. Great leaders, whether political or military (or both, like Churchill) are seldom in doubt about their decision making; else they could not be great leaders.

Being prone to bold gambles to achieve objectives or gain advantage means that the cost of a mistake is often rather high

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just so. Great leaders, whether political or military (or both, like Churchill) are seldom in doubt about their decision making; else they could not be great leaders.

Being prone to bold gambles to achieve objectives or gain advantage means that the cost of a mistake is often rather high
    Do you really think they are seldom in doubt? I would agree that they are able to make decisions and give the appearance of a lack of doubt. It would not surprise me a bit if they privately had doubts about their decisions though. Especially in something like WWII where so many lives were on the line.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would not know unless they told me (in an autobiography, perhaps). Only Kut can read minds and divine intent.

But do you think that Alexander or Hannibal had doubts? How about Genghis Khan or Patton. I really don't think you can make bold gambles and have very much in the way of self doubt and dithering

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom