The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Uh...no.

Indianapolis is larger than Seattle (by population), and it's very easy to find affordable living anywhere in Marion county or the surrounding metro area.
    The equivalent salary in Indi would be around $71,400. I'm sure you would have a terrible time trying to make do on that there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The equivalent salary in Indi would be around $71,400. I'm sure you would have a terrible time trying to make do on that there.

The statement was made that you have to live an hour and a half outside of the city if you make 110k in Seattle. Then you said that it's no different than any other large city.
    This is demonstrably false, as there are several large cities that you can comfortably live in for the equivalent of 110k in Seattle.
    Simply put, Seattle is much more expensive than a city of similar size in the U.S.
    There is no need to live an hour and a half outside of Indianapolis on $71,400. Or in many other similar cities.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do they figure in the annual costs for anti-depressants or alcohol, given the depressing weather and the fact that you are surrounded by screeching leftists 24/7? :):
    Those are the people flocking there in droves. They all get to make each other feel superior to the rest of us.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

There are many nice 3 br homes around Indy for less than $200,000. Probably 10,000 of them in Greenwood alone. The average in Kings County Washington is $647,000. And you can bet that is a skewed distribution.

Bezos' salary is $86,000 a year....so I guess he falls into that lower 50% on the median distribution. And all the median tells us is 1/2 the people are below your $110,000 number.

I can't find the article, but Seattle was listed as the 3rd most expensive large city to live in within the USA. The good news: It's a bargain compared with Vancouver!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Found this on another forum and thought it was an interesting take:

Irony.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There are many nice 3 br homes around Indy for less than $200,000. Probably 10,000 of them in Greenwood alone. The average in Kings County Washington is $647,000. And you can bet that is a skewed distribution.

Bezos' salary is $86,000 a year....so I guess he falls into that lower 50% on the median distribution. And all the median tells us is 1/2 the people are below your $110,000 number.

I can't find the article, but Seattle was listed as the 3rd most expensive large city to live in within the USA. The good news: It's a bargain compared with Vancouver!
    I can pretty much guarantee they are paying people at least as much as the rest of the businesses in Seattle do for similar positions, probably more. They are not the sweat shop you made them out to be.
    Why are you poo-pooing median income now? I'm well aware of what a median is. Looks like their average is also $110k, although that has me thinking someone is mixing their stats.

For kicks though I looked up the average salary of people in Seattle. Turns out to be $69K.
    https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=Seattle-WA/Salary

The median salary there in 2016 was $80K. Looks like it was the largest increase in the country year over year in 2016
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...me-gain-in-seattle-far-outpaces-other-cities/

Looks like Amazon and its employees are going to contributing quite a bit to the city coffers. They have a 2.7% sales tax. And I imagine like Chicago they tax anything and everything to death.

I'm not arguing how expensive Seattle is, but a median income of $110K should be good to do more than survive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seattle IS expensive for a lot more reasons than just Amazon. Indianapolis IS NOT as expensive for more reasons than that it doesn't have an "Amazon" caliber employer there. But there's an Amazon in Seattle for many of the same reasons rent is high. And there's not an Amazon in Indy for many of the same reasons rent is lower.

One thing. I hope Amazon doesn't choose Austin for HQ2. I'd hate to see Texas turned blue when Seattle chases Amazon away because they're bat **** crazy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    President Trump is doing awesome. He kind of reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt because he is not the run-of-the-mill windbag suit politician that talks sideways a lot and never actually does anything. He has done more for this country in one year than anybody else has for a long, long time. I don't give a flying fig what people think of his style, he is doing the job better than anybody.
    And he is accomplishing all of this in spite of the anti-American democraps obstructing every possible thing they can and trying to prevent anything good happening for our country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Trump is doing awesome. He kind of reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt because he is not the run-of-the-mill windbag suit politician that talks sideways a lot and never actually does anything. He has done more for this country in one year than anybody else has for a long, long time. I don't give a flying fig what people think of his style, he is doing the job better than anybody.
    And he is accomplishing all of this in spite of the anti-American democraps obstructing every possible thing they can and trying to prevent anything good happening for our country.

What are the Democrats obstructing? The GOP holds all 3 branches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom