The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, in fairness, the Feds have historically tended to make examples out of celebrities via prosecution. Didn't Chuck Berry get dinged for something similar?

Chuck Berry, was a dirty old man. I'm not sure if he was charged with the same bogus crime though. Berry, actually committed a crime (peeping in bathrooms).

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Chuck Berry, was a dirty old man. I'm not sure if he was charged with the same bogus crime though. Berry, actually committed a crime (peeping in bathrooms).

If memory serves, he was convicted of the Mann act violation way before any of the bathroom stuff. That said, there is absolutely no doubt he was quite a dirty old man, and that is probably putting charitably as IIRC he liked girls on the tender side of young.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If memory serves, he was convicted of the Mann act violation way before any of the bathroom stuff. That said, there is absolutely no doubt he was quite a dirty old man, and that is probably putting charitably as IIRC he liked girls on the tender side of young.

Yeah, I just looked it up. He served 2 years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Canadians are murdered by a loon. President chimes in via tweet. Americans murdered by a loon. No expression of concern, no acknowledgement of the guy who stopped it. Just silence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I learned something interesting today. President Trump supposedly supports our boys and girls in the military. Curiously enough, he has not taken a single trip to, since taking office, to visit any of them in war zones. For reference, his predecessor took office January 2009, and by April 2009, was in Iraq. Just something to consider when you hear about the president spending time at the "Southern White House" hitting the links.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If only we could ask them if they preferred a leg-tingling, pants perfectly creased president who seldom missed a photo op but allowed politics to interfere with virtually every aspect of war fighting and gave comfort to their enemies

Or if they preferred someone who didn't interrupt operations so troops could protect his ass and instead gave the generals leeway and ROE that allowed them to kill the enemy expeditiously

Hmmm. Tough call

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did anyone watch the president's deranged interview with "Fox and Friends" today? He really came off crazy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Unless you give the sumbeach a rifle and a helmet and put him on perimeter duty, I didn't wanna see any of the barking egomaniacs anywhere near war zone. Most of the real photo ops were, in actuality, still lifes, if you get my drift.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it was over the top. I know it was a roast and all, but it went to far.

Roasts are meant to poke harmless fun. Everyone knows it’s all just in fun. You know this because the person being roased also laughs at the jokes. But this was not that. That was mean spirited contempt. I don’t blame Trump for skipping it. And that this was the entertainment for a press dinner shows how biased they are. A press that can put on something so one-sided is a press that has lost its objectivity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom