The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If Jewish people want to make bizarre holocaust jokes, I generally leave it to them regardless of taste. I've been around too many ****ty situations with gallows humor to want to judge.

Mel Brooks wrote this scene for the film, The Producers in 1967. It has since been turned into a Broadway musical.

latest

75934194_15dd4c264a.jpg

How come nobody protested against this, when it came out?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Jewish people want to make bizarre holocaust jokes, I generally leave it to them regardless of taste. I've been around too many ****ty situations with gallows humor to want to judge.

Mel Brooks wrote this scene for the film, The Producers in 1967. It has since been turned into a Broadway musical.

latest

75934194_15dd4c264a.jpg

How come nobody protested against this, when it came out?

Lampooning someone is one thing, lampooning their victims quite another. Do you really not see a difference between making a fruity musical about hitler, and dressing up as a Hitler, and holding a pan of "burnt jew cookies" next to an oven?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lampooning someone is one thing, lampooning their victims quite another. Do you really not see a difference between making a fruity musical about hitler, and dressing up as a Hitler, and holding a pan of "burnt jew cookies" next to an oven?

[video=youtube;DUd9nTQaFH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUd9nTQaFH8[/video]

I am posting this video because it makes your point in a way...(And I am still trying to get you to watch this FILM!!!!)

With that being said I remember the heat that Roseanne got for that photo but I also know she is a Jewish woman.....I know people deal with dark moments in time through satire and comedy...Although I may not "get it" I give her and Silverman a pass on such things....

I love that Custer gave the plains Indians the last really good time they ever had....It doesn't mean I don't feel bad for the members of the 7th Cavalry who lost their lives that day or that I am insensitive to people of similar ancestry and Faith as mine having their penises and scalps removed...

"Custer gave the plains Indians the last really good time they had...."

It's just a joke....

IMHO and I do understand where you are coming from...It's just I arrive at it from a different angle...

With all due respect....:ingo:

Man it's like we never argue anymore....:)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    With that being said I remember the heat that Roseanne got for that photo but I also know she is a Jewish woman.....I know people deal with dark moments in time through satire and comedy...Although I may not "get it" I give her and Silverman a pass on such things....

That's the point.
    Silverman gets a pass because of her targeted political leanings.
    I'm pointing out the reasons behind the enhanced scrutiny.

I don't like either woman or their body of works... this isn't a defense of Barr just an vivid example of the double standard that exists depending on who you hate.
    Again, if Barr ripped Trumps ass she would have been a media darling.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Again, if Barr ripped Trumps ass she would have been a media darling.

I think that's on the way.

I've never liked her. Not her humor, not her style, not her positions. She was a solid progressive and only backed Trump because the Dems nominated HRC.

Despite my contempt for her, I recognize that she's smart and savvy. She'll milk the pro-Trump characterization until she thinks its the right time to switch to something else. THAT will get coverage for weeks.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think that's on the way.

I've never liked her. Not her humor, not her style, not her positions. She was a solid progressive and only backed Trump because the Dems nominated HRC.

Despite my contempt for her, I recognize that she's smart and savvy. She'll milk the pro-Trump characterization until she thinks its the right time to switch to something else. THAT will get coverage for weeks.

Yeah, right now (of sorts) she's the enemy of our enemy but she's definitely not our friend.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No she's Jewish and had launched a Jewish version of National Lampoon....

Like National Lampoon they used shock value and covers in poor taste to sell the magazine...Satire....
    I know she is Jewish. I was wondering what Kut thought her angle was.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Maybe a society more capable of laughing at that joke is more capable of avoiding a future holocaust, than a society collectively offended by satire. Maybe people who aren’t offended by it aren’t immoral, they’re just emotionally stronger.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The shock value of poor taste.
    And she should be punished now, nine years later, for this poor taste? It is awfully coincidental that these SJWs are just now coming out of the woodwork attacking her when she seems to be pro-Trump. It was a thing when she did it. There is no other reason to drudge it back up at this point.

My opinion is: She is simply a nut, even more so than many of the other nuts in "entertainment" today. Anyone screaming for her to be censored now for those pictures is just as much of a nut.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And she should be punished now, nine years later, for this poor taste? It is awfully coincidental that these SJWs are just now coming out of the woodwork attacking her when she seems to be pro-Trump. It was a thing when she did it. There is no other reason to drudge it back up at this point.

My opinion is: She is simply a nut, even more so than many of the other nuts in "entertainment" today. Anyone screaming for her to be censored now for those pictures is just as much of a nut.
    There's no statute of limitations on holding a grudge.

I don't see any calls for her to be censored (although they may be out there). She's free to try to be funny in rude and insulting ways. Everyone else is free to talk about how she sucks as a human being.

Fair play.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There's no statute of limitations on holding a grudge.

I don't see any calls for her to be censored (although they may be out there). She's free to try to be funny in rude and insulting ways. Everyone else is free to talk about how she sucks as a human being.

Fair play.
    Wouldn't you consider being fired pretty much the same thing? That was in the article that was posted upthread that started this conversation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wouldn't you consider being fired pretty much the same thing? That was in the article that was posted upthread that started this conversation.

Well, I wouldn't. I mean, she got "fired" for stuff she had a right to say. If her employer didn't like what she was saying, they have the right (check local laws) to fire her.

Overall, I think she's making pretty good bank.

Let's turn it around a bit - if a gun owner advocated against gun control, wouldn't a gun-control-loving employer have the same right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom