The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At this point, I'm not sure that President Trump could order a ham sandwich without someone criticizing him.

Tariffs are generally a bad idea. Doubling down is Trump's "go to" strategy on most things. Eventually folks will come around to understanding what he's done to them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At this point, I'm not sure that President Trump could order a ham sandwich without someone criticizing him.

Tariffs are generally a bad idea. Doubling down is Trump's "go to" strategy on most things. Eventually folks will come around to understanding what he's done to them.

This trade war is going to end badly for us, unless the President backs down. China doesn't care about it's people. They suffer and what are they going to do, other than get a bullet in the back of the head if they speak up? The differences is populaces is all one needs to know in terms of who can endure more.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Whatever lets you sleep at night. We were telling you the president can absolutely tell US companies who they can deal with outside the US without going to congress and can keep doing so in just about any way he wants until they revoke that authority which is unlikely in the senate. If you want to claim recht because the authority originally came from congress (42 years ago) be my guest

You're apparently arguing powers inherent in the presidency, we're arguing actual powers the president is free to exercize at this time

Viva il Arancio

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Alternatively, my thoughts:

A dumb choice of words that will mean nothing tomorrow, and every day after. US companies will continue to work with China. Nothing changes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Alternatively, my thoughts:

A dumb choice of words that will mean nothing tomorrow, and every day after. US companies will continue to work with China. Nothing changes.
    You mean US companies will ignore his constitutional authority controlled by Congress to issue “orders” via Twitter?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This trade war is going to end badly for us, unless the President backs down. China doesn't care about it's people. They suffer and what are they going to do, other than get a bullet in the back of the head if they speak up? The differences is populaces is all one needs to know in terms of who can endure more.

IMO it ends even worse for us if we do back down, as China continues to steal technology and intellectual property while manipulating access to its markets and its currency and financing military adventurism and belt and road using the deficits in trade with all comers. I care much less for the misfortunes of the Chinese people than I do the misfortunes of our own

If you wish to trade our future for short term profits, it looks like a lot of CEOs are willing to subscribe to your newsletter

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    MSNBC reports that Trump obtained business loans by having Russian oligarchs as co-signers: "The source close to Deutsche Bank has told me that Donald Trump's loan documents ... show that he has co-signers ... and that they are Russian Oligarchs."

Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow have fabulous track records to date with "Trump scoops," no?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    MSNBC reports that Trump obtained business loans by having Russian oligarchs as co-signers: "The source close to Deutsche Bank has told me that Donald Trump's loan documents ... show that he has co-signers ... and that they are Russian Oligarchs."

Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow have fabulous track records to date with "Trump scoops," no?

This sounds like Bush's USAFR performance reviews, as discovered by Dan Rather.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I'll actually cut him some slack for that. The "not working for me" colloquialism is more about just not being satisfied with it.

"I used to like tequila, but after the last party with jamil, I couldn't sit for a week. That's just not working for me anymore." That kind of thing.

Separate issue is POTUS endorsing private companies, but whatevs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I just want to know if he really wanted to nuke hurricanes. When I first heard that, I was like "ok, this has to be fake news." Anybody who thinks nuking a hurricane is a good idea, should automatically be prohibited from being president, and that should be universally understood.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I honestly find the "nuke hurricanes" thing to be a way to find leakers.

I think it's probably effective on his part. Say something absurd, count on someone in the room you don't trust to leak it, fire them next month.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The hurricane nuking thing was just too weird. On the one hand, I kinda do want .gov to know what happens if there's a nuclear explosion in the vicinity of a hurricane (Fukushima style). On the other, we shouldn't seek out the opportunity to do it.

Either it was a canary trap scenario, or - perhaps more plausibly - Trump is borrowing from Michael Jackson's playbook and planting TRULY crazy stuff, so the only mildly crazy stuff he says doesn't really register. Astroturfing fake news, to further discredit the MSM, would be an effective strategy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I honestly find the "nuke hurricanes" thing to be a way to find leakers.

I think it's probably effective on his part. Say something absurd, count on someone in the room you don't trust to leak it, fire them next month.

From a guy who says his wife has a relationship with Kim Jong Un, cancelled a trip because Denmark did want to sell Greenland, suggests releasing ISIS fighters in Europe, think windmill noise causes cancer, and suggest the next G7 be held at one of his properties. Is it really that big of a stretch to believe he honestly suggested it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just want to know if he really wanted to nuke hurricanes. When I first heard that, I was like "ok, this has to be fake news." Anybody who thinks nuking a hurricane is a good idea, should automatically be prohibited from being president, and that should be universally understood.

could be joking. Or trolling. Or serious. Who knows.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Another fake story falls apart.

EDFRG0UXoAEBQIg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It appears that the msm was foiled again. They really need to get a grip.

Their TDS has them desperately glomming onto anything to get Trump.

It’s an unhealthy obsession.

”rigorous verification and standards process” :rofl:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The hurricane nuke idea is not a Trump original.

The subject has already been broached back in 1961 in a speech delivered at the national press club by the head of the US weather bureau in which he said that he could “imagine the possibility of someday exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom