The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Stocks dive after Apple warns of slowdown in iPhone sales

Apple is blaming iPhone sales being down on China trade issues. :dunno:

I wonder how much iPhone sales are effected by $1000 phones and the company/CEO take strong liberal political stances? :scratch:

Kinda like Tesla lowering prices across the board on their vehicles. But I'm sure there are a lot more people willing to shell out $$$$ for the latest greatest iPhone than for cars in the high 5-digit to 6-digit price range. P.T. Barnum was right...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A new muslim congresswoman takes oath on quran instead of the Bible and calls the President of the United States a mother****er. Democrats seem fine with this crap.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A new muslim congresswoman takes oath on quran instead of the Bible and calls the President of the United States a mother****er. Democrats seem fine with this crap.

Which crap? I'm mean I guess I can see the puritanical opposition to profanity, but shouldn't a Muslim take an oath on a Koran rather than a bible?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As much as the TDS folks would like us to believe it, I don't think Trump's vulgarity reaches the level of this loon.

On top of that, the woman obviously raises her children with the same disrespect for all around her.

Did you notice her making her rude comment, then running off while handing off the mic? Was she running off like a three year old, trying to avoid punishment or did she just not want to have to attempt explain her bad behavior?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Which crap? I'm mean I guess I can see the puritanical opposition to profanity, but shouldn't a Muslim take an oath on a Koran rather than a bible?

Well here’s a post that I can agree with in part, Kut. Agree on the Koran in the swear in, but not on the basis for not liking swearing.

It’s more a matter of preferring to not use vulgar language in reference to the President (or other leaders) than a general puritanical stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Saying, “we’re gonna impeach that mother****er” exemplifies that the extremes act the same. Progressives like to ask what is the limit for trump supporters? Well. Backatcha. A newly elected congress woman, speaking publicly, calls the president of the united states a mother****er. It’s not out of prudish disgust that I’m against that. It displays a lack of respect for the office of the Presidency, and her own office, and it shows she has no understanding of how elected officeholders should conduct themselves. Of course the President himself is ignorant of that as well.

Another ignorance on display, is how our justice system works, especially with how we deal with potential wrongdoing. These idiots can’t possibly expect to enjoy perpetual asymmetrical political warfare. When Republicans start using the same tactics which Democrats now show little interest in restraining, they’ll cry foul, the left sycophantic media will cry foul, the Left bubble-dwellers will fail to realize Republicans are just copying tactics, the Right bubble-dwellers will cheer the new tactics, having cried foul when it was democrats doing it, but now are just fine when their politicians do it. But the majority of sane people won’t be suckered. They will see the hypocrisy of both sides.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Saying, “we’re gonna impeach that mother****er” exemplifies that the extremes act the same. Progressives like to ask what is the limit for trump supporters? Well. Backatcha. A newly elected congress woman, speaking publicly, calls the president of the united states a mother****er. It’s not out of prudish disgust that I’m against that. It displays a lack of respect for the office of the Presidency, and her own office, and it shows she has no understanding of how elected officeholders should conduct themselves. Of course the President himself is ignorant of that as well.

Another ignorance on display, is how our justice system works, especially with how we deal with potential wrongdoing. These idiots can’t possibly expect to enjoy perpetual asymmetrical political warfare. When Republicans start using the same tactics which Democrats now show little interest in restraining, they’ll cry foul, the left sycophantic media will cry foul, the Left bubble-dwellers will fail to realize Republicans are just copying tactics, the Right bubble-dwellers will cheer the new tactics, having cried foul when it was democrats doing it, but now are just fine when their politicians do it. But the majority of sane people won’t be suckered. They will see the hypocrisy of both sides.

The left is attacking the US Government by obstructing everything they are trying to do. Now that they have started using this anti-American tactic, what other choice do you see for the conservatives in a left majority situation? It looks like a lose-lose situation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The left is attacking the US Government by obstructing everything they are trying to do. Now that they have started using this anti-American tactic, what other choice do you see for the conservatives in a left majority situation? It looks like a lose-lose situation.

Who are these people on the left that you are talking about, that's "attacking the US Government?"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who are these people on the left that you are talking about, that's "attacking the US Government?"

I took it that he means that the Democrats are playing the obstructionist game. Don't give Trump any victories that he can use to encourage his base.

It's essentially the same game Republicans played. And I'm fine with that to the extent which it prevents a bat-**** crazy president from dragging his pecker all over the constitution. I don't agree with all the things Republicans blocked. They blocked some stuff for the sake of blocking it. But, on many things Obama needed to be checked. And they did that to my satisfaction, especially when it came to gun control. Obama went full court press in 2013 and didn't get ****. That's some good obstruction.

I can see why the bat **** crazy progressives would want to block some of the things Trump wants to do. When they have majorities, they get to decide what they're going to pass. As long as it's constitutional, I'm fine with that. As they say, elections have consequences. I can see why progressive legislators wouldn't want to fund a wall. They believe in open borders. But Nancy Pelosi is on record supporting a border wall before. She's doing this **** for political maneuvering. Period.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The left has obstructed the typical business of government to an unprecedented degree such as normal activities like appointments to ambassadors and judges and other positions. It is a crime to obstruct a police officer in carrying out his duties. These dumocraps should be held responsible for their obstruction of the government.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom