The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Blue wave?

Will New Jersey elect the first Republican Senator in 46 years?

The Repub is accused of lying about side effects of a cancer drug.
    The Dem is accused of fraud and sleeping with underage prostitutes. Not proven. But he's one of the "believe all accusers".

Cancer drugs suck.... but then so do hookers.... pretty much a wash. :D

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Travel doesn’t come cheap for First Lady Melania Trump.
    Federal spending records indicate that during Trump’s trip to Cairo earlier this month, the U.S. State Department paid $95,050 to the Semiramis Intercontinental Cairo hotel for the first lady’s visit — but according to her spokesperson, she didn’t even stay the night!

https://people.com/politics/melania-trump-95000-hotel-bill-6-hours-cairo/

How in the hell do you spend damn near $100K in 6 hours? Melania must have watched "Brewster's Millions"one too many times. Just wondering if anyone has a problem with this, or if there's a "but" to justify this type of thing.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Welp, there's probably a ton of people that need to travel with her, and it wasn't itemized so who knows if that total also included meals for the staff.

I think you should write a letter and ask some hard-hitting questions, sir!

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Kut...I think you opened Pandora's box here.

Fair is fair, so I searched on that website for "FLOTUS", here's one of the first hits. Hmmm....

a703891a-dcf9-44a2-95db-9405d712a3f5.png

EDIT: I think hotels commonly charge per day and don't allow hourly (wait, maybe some do...) rates, This is something my employer has to deal with regardless of how long we're physically checked in. Sometimes it's barely over four hours...so there might not have been any way around this for the current FLOTUS.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://people.com/politics/melania-trump-95000-hotel-bill-6-hours-cairo/

How in the hell do you spend damn near $100K in 6 hours? Melania must have watched "Brewster's Millions"one too many times. Just wondering if anyone has a problem with this, or if there's a "but" to justify this type of thing.
    Considering that Trump has been donating his salary to various [STRIKE]charitable organizations[/STRIKE] government programs, it seems like a bargain (although it's still an obscene amount).

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think that article just points out the massive travel spending done by obummer and the hypocrisy of people that complain about $100K spending by Trump and don't say anything about $100 million spending by obummer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that article just points out the massive travel spending done by obummer and the hypocrisy of people that complain about $100K spending by Trump and don't say anything about $100 million spending by obummer.

Doesnt that work the other way around too?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Doesnt that work the other way around too?

Yes, but nobody spends as much of the taxpayers money as obummer. I would have thought President Trump would have the highest expenses seeing as how he is used to spending pretty much as much as he feels like. And maybe he will but conjecture and extrapolation don't mean squat. obummer spent more while in office and is still spending more after he is out of office.
    https://nypost.com/2017/09/01/obamas-the-most-expensive-ex-president-for-taxpayers/

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, but nobody spends as much of the taxpayers money as obummer. I would have thought President Trump would have the highest expenses seeing as how he is used to spending pretty much as much as he feels like. And maybe he will but conjecture and extrapolation don't mean squat. obummer spent more while in office and is still spending more after he is out of office.
    https://nypost.com/2017/09/01/obamas-the-most-expensive-ex-president-for-taxpayers/

Yeah, if you look at the 'price to value' metric, Obama and Michael went over budget as soon as she went beyond $10

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, apparently it is ok to spend $100k in taxpayer money for 6 hours in a hotel, as long as you can point to someone else who did some questionable spending beforehand.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    So, apparently it is ok to spend $100k in taxpayer money for 6 hours in a hotel, as long as you can point to someone else who did some questionable spending beforehand.

Depends on what "ok" means.

Like I said, I'm fairly certain that hotels charge by the day (at least the reputable establishments) regardless of how long the stay actually is.

Where should they go to get some rest, shower, clean up, etc. Take turns at a gas station bathroom sink?

The total wasn't itemized either, so WE DON'T KNOW what it was actually spent on. That hotel has a lot of other stuff available. It's not a Motel 6...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom