The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Maybe I just expect more courteous behavior from someone older than a millennial. You can't have gotten to this age with that attitude in public. I would think that approach has a very short half life.

Sorry, most of the people who have lived this long have a sense of humor and don't look for reasons to be offended.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The basis for quoting her the way we do is that there REALLY WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO KNOW WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAID, the way they pushed it through. I don't see a substantive difference in the quotes you show. In this particular instance, they're both accurate. ACA has cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, literally, and I'm only one guy, and not a rich guy. And we still have millions doing without health care. But Planned Parenthood is alive and well; YIPPIE.
    Not the same, but it's OK because she is one of them.

It isn't any better than when the media takes things out of context and cherry picks parts of what someone says.

Yes, the ACA sucks. It sucks on its own lack of merit, not because of what Pelosi did or did not say.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yes, the ACA sucks. It sucks on its own lack of merit, not because of what Pelosi did or did not say.

I agree. It's not what she said or didn't say; it's what she (they) did, and how they did it. And it's cost me, and a lot of other people, bigly, and I'm not happy about it, and the madness just goes on and on. Plus, it's too early for the Wild Turkey, and I've got a lot of work to do, and I'm not getting it done cause I'm playing on INGO. And yesterday was my birthday, and I didn't buy a new gun or anything, and my yards full of leaves, and I don't feel like raking them yet. Sigh ...

But I believe I'm going to feel better on November 6th and 7th. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree. It's not what she said or didn't say; it's what she (they) did, and how they did it. And it's cost me, and a lot of other people, bigly, and I'm not happy about it, and the madness just goes on and on. Plus, it's too early for the Wild Turkey, and I've got a lot of work to do, and I'm not getting it done cause I'm playing on INGO. And yesterday was my birthday, and I didn't buy a new gun or anything, and my yards full of leaves, and I don't feel like raking them yet. Sigh ...

But I believe I'm going to feel better on November 6th and 7th. :)

Sounds like someone needs to visit a range.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I thought this was interesting, in a through-the-looking-glass kind of way.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/democrats-being-sent-bombs-chuck-143809575.html

But Schumer's highest priority as Minority Leader seems to be appeasing Republicans. In August, rather than force McConnell into a slow, protracted procedure for confirming Trump nominees to lifetime judicial appointments, Schumer agreed to a mass confirmation of 11 at once, allegedly so that Democrats up for reelection could leave the Senate early to campaign at home. In truth though, the move infuriated progressive activists and Democratic supporters.

Further evidence that Dems are also fractured.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I stumbled on a TV show called 'Full Frontal'. Well. it wasn't at all what I was thinking. It was some liberal airhead saying that the Republicans were the ones doing the mob thing. They were the party that was mad at everything. Really 'Grrrrr' mad. She went on and on about this. She had no problem lying her ass off.

It is hard to believe any normal thinking people would fall for this but I bet there are plenty of liberals that eat it up. You just have to remember that half the people in the world have a below average IQ. Anyhow - the show sucked.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I stumbled on a TV show called 'Full Frontal'. Well. it wasn't at all what I was thinking. It was some liberal airhead saying that the Republicans were the ones doing the mob thing. They were the party that was mad at everything. Really 'Grrrrr' mad. She went on and on about this. She had no problem lying her ass off.

It is hard to believe any normal thinking people would fall for this but I bet there are plenty of liberals that eat it up. You just have to remember that half the people in the world have a below average IQ. Anyhow - the show sucked.

I can't even stand the commercials for that show.
    The shrill cry of the mastodon.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I can remember when "full frontal" meant something else.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Leftists Walk Back "Blue Wave" Claims, Start Panicking

[video=youtube;-SDLmdwQgz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SDLmdwQgz0[/video]

I specially look at comments posted on the stories of on lefty sites of “Trump sucks reason #432”
    They are amazingly critical of the stories. I saw the same thing in the run up to 2016.
    Anecdotal I know but I have seen the same thing over the last 6 months. Not quite as strong as 2016 but it’s still overwhelmingly anti dem.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I specially look at comments posted on the stories of on lefty sites of “Trump sucks reason #432”
    They are amazingly critical of the stories. I saw the same thing in the run up to 2016.
    Anecdotal I know but I have seen the same thing over the last 6 months. Not quite as strong as 2016 but it’s still overwhelmingly anti dem.

I get disappointed when sites ban public commentary. That's the best part of it!

A good indication of propaganda?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

I can't even stand the commercials for that show.
    The shrill cry of the mastodon.

I can remember when "full frontal" meant something else.

LOL, Of course that show sucks. The host is a feckless c^nt! (Look it up)

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Still, not as bad as the one that was marching around the stage in support of abortion.

I believe they both got cancelled.
    [video=youtube_share;zpG1Ywmbioc]https://youtu.be/zpG1Ywmbioc[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom