The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no American Indian. My wife is 1/8.

The point is, Donald lost the bet. He'll welch on the bet for sure, because that's just who he is.

I thought the bet was that she IS native American not that she only has between 1/64th to 1/1024th native hemispherean. Ask the Cherokee if they think she’s a Cherokee. The avarage American has more likelihood of being a Native American by DNA than she does.

It’s not, according to Cherokees, your DNA that makes you one. They’re pretty pissed about this. They see it as disrespectful. And I imagine they’re not all that fond of how Trump is acting about it either.

But, Trump don’t owe her anything. She hasn’t proven her claim. Having a native American in your heritage back that far does not permit her to check another intersectional merit box on applications. The DNA test at most shows its possible but likely much further back than her claim. She’s as white as you or me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He uses DNA from south of the border to test for native American ancestry because of perceived migration patterns. Well many experts now dont believe in this migration pattern from the bering straight. So Im Saying I think his method or baseline for the test is flawed
    10 generations back one of Warren's ancestors porked an Indian so now shes native American? Na, I dont think thats how it works.
    I have a direct and closer line that that to George Washington, so when can I move into mount Vernon?
    They used DNA from south of the border because Native Americans are reluctant to join DNA studies. So a primary reason they have to do it that way, they don’t have many samples from native Americans. So they’re kinda stuck having to make best guesses of migration patterns. But it’s an educated guess, more than just perception.

It’s dishonest for them to be as positively affirming of her claims as they are. My my take is that they’re trying to drum up business.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    4so4km.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I agree that I probably have more Neanderthalian DNA than she does Cherokee. You do too if you are primarily European stock. I don't have any Cherokee at all.

What a tribe requires to be sufficient to be a member of that tribe...and reap the financial rewards related thereto...is a meaningless argument. Warren asserted Indian heritage. She has some. End of story.

The idea that American Indians are indigenous to North America is preposterous. The most likely case is that there was a migration across the Pacific into South America and then migration northward. American Indians don't like that conclusion....? Too bad. That's the thing with science.

I've always thought that the USA treated the Indians poorly. But that doesn't mean I agree with their political position on almost anything.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Warren asserted Indian heritage. She has some. End of story.

LULZ

Last week, Warren said she had no idea that Harvard was touting her as a minority in the 1990s. But two days later, she acknowledged that for years before she joined the faculty at Harvard, she had been classifying herself as a minority professor in a directory of the Association of American Law Schools.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...i49koIvsKcd83lr4M/story.html?camp=pm#comments

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Since you were picking and choosing on my comment, I thought I would return the favor.

kxly_rachel_dolezal_3_kb_150616_4x3_992.jpg

Also,

You guys need to cut your losses on lizzie the indian princess.
    Push Uncle Joe Biden to the forefront of the ticket.

On second thought...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You guys need to cut your losses on lizzie the indian princess.
    Push Uncle Joe Biden to the forefront of the ticket.

It is slightly charming that you refer to the lies of Liz, but fail to recognize that her failure is eclipsed by the biggest liar ever to be in the White House.

ps. I'm sure you're aware that "Make America Great Again" was a Clinton line he uttered when he announced he was a candidate for the presidency? :)

As to Biden....yeah, I'd have to think about that one, but ... yeah probably OK. I still would like to see Sherrod Brown on the ticket. That's a big win in Ohio and Michigan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree that I probably have more Neanderthalian DNA than she does Cherokee. You do too if you are primarily European stock. I don't have any Cherokee at all.

What a tribe requires to be sufficient to be a member of that tribe...and reap the financial rewards related thereto...is a meaningless argument. Warren asserted Indian heritage. She has some. End of story.

The idea that American Indians are indigenous to North America is preposterous. The most likely case is that there was a migration across the Pacific into South America and then migration northward. American Indians don't like that conclusion....? Too bad. That's the thing with science.

I've always thought that the USA treated the Indians poorly. But that doesn't mean I agree with their political position on almost anything.
    I thought the current theory is that native americans were decedents of North Eastern Asians (currently Russia). There was a land bridge and many asians migrated eastward into what is now Alaska until the ocean covered the land bridge. Those people migrated across and down the America’s.

Just watched a documentary on that a few weeks ago. The point of it was how the american indigenous people were genetically isolated from everyone else for thousands of years before Europeans showed up and then re-merged genes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The most recent evidence points to skeletal remains in Peru that are 14,500 years old (give or take). North America might have been inaccessible from Russia. American Indians are no more "indigenous" than your or I. They didn't spontaneously pop from the soil. While they may claim ownership due to time held, it seems that we are all cousins of a group out of Africa. I wonder how much African DNA exists in the tribes.

It really has no practical value where the migration occurred other than to improve the accuracy of the migration patterns.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I was going to assist in this derail by pointing out there's new evidence suggesting multiple migrations to the Americas and the modalities are not always clear. One theoretical timeline suggests South America may have been settled before North America.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ask the Latter Day Saints (aka Mormans) about Native American ancestry and migration.

(Ducking for cover now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    It is slightly charming that you refer to the lies of Liz, but fail to recognize that her failure is eclipsed by the biggest liar ever to be in the White House.

Fixed that color for you. In terms of negative economic impact, I think the "you can keep your healthcare, and oh, at a substantial savings" is about the biggest lie ever told by mankind, anywhere, at any time. Convenient you forgot that one. Were you on the receiving end of all that goodness perpetuated on the rest of us?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Show me the money, Jerry.

You've got the party line down pat, but you haven't put any numbers to it.

Plus Printcraft beat you to the snark.

"Biggest lie told by mankind?" You need to ease up on the Wild Turkey. I can name a handful bigger without a sweat.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know. The closest i've been to LDS revelation is watching Paint Your Wagon. I know the date of departure only from the Babylonian destruction of Judah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom