• ...and so much more!
  • BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    Hi all.
    There was a show called the Bob Braun show in Cincinnati in the 60's and they would have singers, TV stars, and
    celebrities of all types on his show. My mom would drag me down there to that show at least four or five times
    every summer. One of the shows was "Colonel Sanders" showing all the women in the audience how to properly
    prepair and fry scrambled eggs and to cook bacon. Yep, they dragged the 10 year old kid out of the audience.
    The "Colonel" was funny, sincere, but very soft spoken...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I miss the original barbeque sauce they had. The honey BBQ just isn't the same. The chicken pieces are smaller and the stuff is over cooked. The last time I had it was about a year ago.

It really has changed. I used to get their "crispy strips", which were often over-breaded and too crunchy. Now the tenders are moist pieces of white meat with the original recipe breading. Very tasty.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I rarely eat KFC anymore, but I have come to like the baked better than the fried. I liked the fried, but every time I eat it I swear I can feel the grease oozing out of my pores, much like Long John Silver's (which I haven't eaten in years for the same reason). I tried Popeye's since everyone seems to rave about it, but I've gotta say that I was unimpressed. I was expecting it to be spicy, but it was anything but. I guess for people that eat at MCL or Golden Corral (ie. "old folks") it may seem spicy, but not to me. :dunno:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I worked with a guy who literally grew up next to Sanders Cafe in Corbin, KY, and from the stories he would tell about Col. Sanders, these TV commercials look like a freakin home run to me!!!!!!! ;)

Top Bottom