• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Since bacon can go anywhere, why not chicken?

[video=youtube;RXB2MDaA0A4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXB2MDaA0A4[/video]

John Goodman's version to tick off some.

[video=youtube;LSBFTKI-zIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSBFTKI-zIM[/video]
    found it looking at the new commercials.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    is it THIS creepy?

tawZWMv.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. The commercials are super creepy and I think it might be intentional, at least on the part of Darrell Hammond.
    2. The commercials are equally hilarious and I enjoy watching them (usually more than whatever program they interrupt).
    3. I am half Kentuckian and I do not find them offensive in any way. Furthermore, I think being offended by the commercials (other than the degradation in the quality of the product in the last two decades) is silly.
    4. Darrell Hammond is the best thing that happened to Saturday Night Live since the late, great Phil Hartman tragically exited the big stage.
    5. Not many people can get any of the Kentucky accents performed correctly. Hammond's generic "southern" is fine.
    6. I want fried chicken, but I'll probably buy it at Kroger since it's less expensive and tastes much better.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Lol, disgusting? A bit sensitive eh?
    I'm not sensitive. I just think it's wrong to make a caricature (sp?) and a joke of person like that.
    I don't know who the comedian(?) is, but it looks like some people like him and the ads. Personally, I don't think they are effective.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with Southerners. Born in Henryville, IN. First restaurant in Corbin, KY. Lived most of his life in Louisville, KY. He's a hillbilly who made good.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Darrell Hammond has brought Kentucky Fried Chicken's founder and symbol back to life. He is, at the same time, both hilarious and creepy.

I like the commercials and they make me want to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. This is interesting because they have sucked for a long, long time. Let's hope the new ad campaign leads to a product similar to what made them famous years ago.

I'm old enough to remember Colonel Sanders commercials from when I was a kid.
    This guy they have portraying him in NO WAY captures the essence of him.

As far as their product goes, they've been going downhill since they dropped the center breast piece with no rib meat or "keels" as they called them, at least 20 years ago or so.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Funny, creepy, whatever. It worked.

I went back to KFC after swearing off it from continuous disappointment the last few years. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It was good. As Snapdragon said above, the tenders and FLG sauce are awesome.

And I laugh my butt off when those commercials come on.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Funny, creepy, whatever. It worked.

I went back to KFC after swearing off it from continuous disappointment the last few years. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It was good. As Snapdragon said above, the tenders and FLG sauce are awesome.

And I laugh my butt off when those commercials come on.

I miss the original barbeque sauce they had. The honey BBQ just isn't the same. The chicken pieces are smaller and the stuff is over cooked. The last time I had it was about a year ago.

Top Bottom