• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    I will be traveling to Indy tomorrow and would like to pick up a few things. Looking for reloading equipment and components (300 blackout and 30-06), an AR stock wrench, (so I can finally put my sling on!), maybe an AR pistol in 300 blackout and ammo, of course!

I will most likely only be able to make one stop so I'd like to make it a good one! What would be your one place to visit?

Appreciate any suggestions!

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    for reloading stuff try Profire Arms and Supply in Avon (west side), and for guns and goodies try Bradis Gun Shop in Camby (south side)
    Profire may even stock guns now. I know they were planning on getting them soon. Either way, both shops are worth a visit and run by great guys.

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The guys at Premier Arms in Brownsburg are the nicest LGS guys I have ever talked to. I have had bad experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supplies, and from what I hear I am not the only one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bradis, Beech Grove, PSS, just depends on where you will be in Indy, and what you are looking for, but those are all good places (Bradis is good for accessories, PSS has very good gun prices, and Beech Grove is pretty good on gun selection and prices as well).

USDS is another place worth checking out.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    We are really blessed in south side of Indianapolis. There are many good gun stores in close proximity to me. Bradis, Beech Grove Firearms, Elmore, USDS, The Outdoorsmen, etc.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like Plainfield Shooting Supplies is pretty good. I bought my first gun from them last month and they were helpful. The owner's son Jeremy was polite and very helpful to a newbie. They have excellent prices on guns. Not sure about their accessories.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    One thing I'll say about Plainfield Shooting Supply...they have stuff, when nobody else in town does - and I mean nobody. Talking about guns, components, whatever. I have, almost, never been able to stump them. I'll call them up...and they have it. I'll be looking for some kind of gun, and the owner will be like, "Let me look in my safe...yep, I've got one to sell." I love shops where the owner is a "collector." They will have a line on the most obscure thing you can think of. And they will give you the best new-gun price in town, on something that nobody else even has. Those guys must move a _lot_ of metal, to have inventory like that. They're pleasant to deal with, and no hassle. In and out.

(I'll also toss in a vote for Elmore's in Greenwood, as well as Beech Grove...these three are simply the best).

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Daves Guns and Tubs

Yes! This ^^^ A+++++. I knew I wasn't the only one who missed Dave's Guns and Tubs! (or was it Tubs and Guns? Or Tubs of Guns?). If he would have just added a Petting Zoo, it would have been complete (especially since I seem to recall there was a liquor store nearby). I even booked my honeymoon with the chicks over at the travel place next door - now that's what I call one stop shopping!

Sigh...that along with Roselyn Bakery, and Guitars 'n More. ( If Long's Bakery ever goes under...I'm sticking my head in an oven).

Top Bottom