• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So.....what happens when you charge someone with a crime without the evidence to support the charge?

Oh wait....I almost forgot that just reading this thread answers that question.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So.....what happens when you charge someone with a crime without the evidence to support the charge?

Oh wait....I almost forgot that just reading this thread answers that question.

Seems to depend on who is being charged, and if one is will to create/omit evidence, doesn't it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rush said the local radio affiliate out there wasn't play his program since they are ready to cover Ferguson redux.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just saw some stupidity on the news. Looks like it's going to be a rough night. One car vandalized. People throwing rocks and bottles at cops. Hopefully no lives will be lost tonight. And hopefully (but doubtful) there won't me as much property destroyed.

As for the ruling on the charges: if there were enough evidence to charge them they would have been charged. As high profile a case as this is I feel it's doubtful that they would have let anyone get away with a crime.

It's over, it's time for both sides to learn from this and move on. Trashing your community is not going to solve anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just saw some stupidity on the news. Looks like it's going to be a rough night. One car vandalized. People throwing rocks and bottles at cops. Hopefully no lives will be lost tonight. And hopefully (but doubtful) there won't me as much property destroyed.

As for the ruling on the charges: if there were enough evidence to charge them they would have been charged. As high profile a case as this is I feel it's doubtful that they would have let anyone get away with a crime.

It's over, it's time for both sides to learn from this and move on. Trashing your community is not going to solve anything.

Convince those who are looking for any reason to loot pillage and destroy.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Convince those who are looking for any reason to loot pillage and destroy.

Yeah, I think a lot of the people that participate in these events are doing it for the free for all. Free pass on violence and want ever they can steal and destroy. The peaceful protesting is ok. Busting up stuff, looting and assault is BS. Look at what MLK accomplish. I truly think he would be disgusted with today's activist.

I am hearing that people are carrying weapons (guns), most likely fake. I am guessing some idiots are looking to martyr themselves. It's going to be a long weekend for that community.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I think a lot of the people that participate in these events are doing it for the free for all. Free pass on violence and want ever they can steal and destroy. The peaceful protesting is ok. Busting up stuff, looting and assault is BS. Look at what MLK accomplish. I truly think he would be disgusted with today's activist.

I am hearing that people are carrying weapons (guns), most likely fake. I am guessing some idiots are looking to martyr themselves. It's going to be a long weekend for that community.

I would disagree, it seems peaceful protesting is met with almost as much disdain as violent protest. In today's America it is arguable that violent protest isn't more effective.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I would disagree, it seems peaceful protesting is met with almost as much disdain as violent protest. In today's America it is arguable that violent protest isn't more effective.

Arguable? Really. Terrorizing a community is effective in some way? Really! Does it add legitimacy to some causes? If so, really?

I am truly surprised to hear this point of view from a LEO. But to each his own. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I find it hard to give legitimacy to thugs.

Now the ones that carry signs and use their voices and power of the ballot box I can take seriously. Thugs are just that, thugs.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It is violent when you physically block public travel. Aren't there laws against such sir?

They were and maybe are still blocking (or trying to) a off ramp that leads to a hospital earlier this evening. That's a pretty **** poor choice of targets for a legitimate peaceful demonstration.

I am sure there are "peaceful" people involved as we speak. But they are getting drowned out with the actions of the thugs. Really sad. The demonstration would be over for me the moment the thuggery starts. I want no part of that. I am not of the opinion that it's possible to be effective in anyway at all by doing violence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is violent when you physically block public travel. Aren't there laws against such sir?

No, unless somehow you want to be creative and call blocking a road criminal confinement. I'm not sure what law has to do with it being violent or not. Breaking a law isn't, by default, violent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Arguable? Really. Terrorizing a community is effective in some way? Really! Does it add legitimacy to some causes? If so, really?

I am truly surprised to hear this point of view from a LEO. But to each his own. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I find it hard to give legitimacy to thugs.

Now the ones that carry signs and use their voices and power of the ballot box I can take seriously. Thugs are just that, thugs.

Who said I was legitimizing them? It's historically well documented that violent protest brings about change more often than non-violent means. The American, French, Russian Revolutions are all examples of such. Peaceful protest, when ignored, gave rise to violent means.

Top Bottom