• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I know you said it wasn't directed at me, but then what does it mean? If anyone is trying to take away our freedoms- any of them- I will fight.

This is incorrect since when we started this country, there was no such thing as a "middle class."

We have prospered because we utilize our significant resources, both natural and manpower. We are a large nation with a low population density per capita and we HAD the "pioneer" spirit of giving up everything and traveling to a land of opportunity to WORK for a better life.

Gonna add to this a bit since we do have a large middle class now. With ObamaCare getting ready to kick in, the middle class is going to have one of the biggest tax increases in history.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gonna add to this a bit since we do have a large middle class now. With ObamaCare getting ready to kick in, the middle class is going to have one of the biggest tax increases in history.

But wait....!!!!!!

obama promised no new taxes on the middle class and beyond that I was expecting a tax break from him on the middle class.

Something does not compute.............

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    spoken. This is discouraging
    Personal moral responsibility was just voted out for another 4 years
    This country just voted off the restraints of a moral compass and has said "yes" to "subject" life, "no" to values and the constitution, "yes" to "tell us what we can do and get subsidized with" (I.e. planned parenthood, lgbt favoritism, wreck your body for pleasure and get free healthcare)
    The majority has spoken... it says
    "give me the freedom to live shameless and let me live like the Romans did...just leave me alone about responsibility"

Constitution only and anti-religious members I'm sure will try and rebuttal me but this is what has been

El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    America has voted for a mulligan. Let's see if everyone's level of responsibility can be found this round.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    spoken. This is discouraging
    Personal moral responsibility was just voted out for another 4 years
    This country just voted off the restraints of a moral compass and has said "yes" to "subject" life, "no" to values and the constitution, "yes" to "tell us what we can do and get subsidized with" (I.e. planned parenthood, lgbt favoritism, wreck your body for pleasure and get free healthcare)
    The majority has spoken... it says
    "give me the freedom to live shameless and let me live like the Romans did...just leave me alone about responsibility"

Constitution only and anti-religious members I'm sure will try and rebuttal me but this is what has been

screaming.gif

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    We're going to hear countless messages in the media about how the Republicans are "too extreme" and that the Republicans need to "move to the center" (where Barry already resides of course because he's so mainstream) in order to "get things done."

The fact of the matter is that Romney was not different enough from BHO. The establishment Republicans are too similar to the Dems. Why vote in a different guy than the guy we have if the two are so similar?

What the Repbulicans need to do (and I doubt that they will) is LISTEN to the Tea Party and the Ron Paul supporters and (wait for it) actually BE DIFFERENT than the Democrats. Offer the people a viable and different solution than the same old same old.

Currently, establishment Republicans and establishment Democrats are two sides of a statist, big government is the solution for everything coin.

:twocents:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We're going to hear countless messages in the media about how the Republicans are "too extreme" and that the Republicans need to "move to the center" (where Barry already resides of course because he's so mainstream) in order to "get things done."

The fact of the matter is that Romney was not different enough from BHO. The establishment Republicans are too similar to the Dems. Why vote in a different guy than the guy we have if the two are so similar?

What the Repbulicans need to do (and I doubt that they will) is LISTEN to the Tea Party and the Ron Paul supporters and (wait for it) actually BE DIFFERENT than the Democrats. Offer the people a viable and different solution than the same old same old.

Currently, establishment Republicans and establishment Democrats are two sides of a statist, big government is the solution for everything coin.

:twocents:

They can't be different when the opposition is winning. They think they must be MORE like the winners. We are also forgetting that we had a viable alternative to the Establishment in the primary and the people voted for the Establishment. Even when it looked like Ron Paul was going to be a contender with delegates the Republican party changed the rules and annouced Mittens as their candidate before the delegates even got a say.

They just won't listen.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012

Its not increasing my taxes. My premiums will go down once more people have to buy health insurance because my healthcare providers will no longer have to overcharge me to recapture costs of treating the uninsured.

I am going to throw this out there because I think it is often overlooked. One of the primary motivators of Obamacare was to begin trying to drive down the cost of healthcare and insurance which increases at many times the rate of inflation. This is much simpler to do with a single-payer system but that is politically unpopular in the U.S. so we got the mandatory insurance model that Romney created.

Healthcare costs for military, government employees, veterans and entitlement beneficiaries is a huge part of the federal budget. If you ever want to balance the budget 15 years from now, something had to be done to stop healthcare cost from rising beyond the rate of inflation. Obamacare moves in that direction but I believe more will need to be done.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Its not increasing my taxes. My premiums will go down once more people have to buy health insurance because my healthcare providers will no longer have to overcharge me to recapture costs of treating the uninsured.

I am going to throw this out there because I think it is often overlooked. One of the primary motivators of Obamacare was to begin trying to drive down the cost of healthcare and insurance which increases at many times the rate of inflation. This is much simpler to do with a single-payer system but that is politically unpopular in the U.S. so we got the mandatory insurance model that Romney created.

Healthcare costs for military, government employees, veterans and entitlement beneficiaries is a huge part of the federal budget. If you ever want to balance the budget 15 years from now, something had to be done to stop healthcare cost from rising beyond the rate of inflation. Obamacare moves in that direction but I believe more will need to be done.
    Really? It was a complete failure in Mass, and Canada both. Government intrusion on anything never drives the price down, it always drives it up. Where are you getting your numbers from? The government cannot even deliver mail and make money, what makes you think a bunch of people that no absolutely nothing about healthcare could hope to make it less expensive?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

If obamacare lowers my taxes and lowers my premiums I'll kiss your ass on the courthouse square.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

There is no evidence that Obamacare will reduce costs or premiums for anyone. Giving more people access to a broken system isn't going to reduce costs.

Obamacare is about giving more people access. When they couldn't expand Medicaid beyond the poor and to middle class families, they engaged in a fascist plot to force us all to buy private health insurance.

Increasing access will not reduce costs. The solution to reducing costs is RATIONING, a dirty word that is so politically unpalatable that you can be sure our politicians will continue to do nothing.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The idea that creating a government endorsed monopoly actually reduces costs is ludicrous.

You are now regulated just like your car by the government. You have a VIN (social security number), your fuel is being regulated, you even have to carry insurance and have proof of it.

Just wait until we have to carry registration and provide it to government law enforcement... Oh wait, anyone in Indiana with a LTCH already does.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    There is no evidence that Obamacare will reduce costs or premiums for anyone. Giving more people access to a broken system isn't going to reduce costs.

Obamacare is about giving more people access.

I understand that reasonable minds can disagree and the fiture is tough to predict but the Congressional Budget Office believes Obamacare will reduce the deficit.

"CBO can't be certain, because nobody can be certain, how exactly the law will play out. But the best available evidence suggests that, in the end, the law will leave the federal treasury with more money than it would have otherwise. And that's just in the short- to medium-term. If the program's efforts at re-engineering the health care system really work, then all spending on health care—from the federal government, corporations, and individuals alike—will stop rising so quickly, freeing up more money for other purposes (like, for example, raises to employees)."

Updated CBO Estimate Of Affordable Care Act Still Says It Will Help Many Millions And Reduce The Deficit. But Fewer Will Get Coverage If States Opt Out Of Medicaid Expansion. | The New Republic

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    The Supreme Court said that they can revisit the legalities of Obamacare after it has been implemented, but not before then because the potential parties didn't have any standing to sue yet.
    Some tweaking may be necessary, especially if sections are thrown out due to future lawsuits.
    So Obamacare is not necessarily a totally done deal.

Top Bottom