The 9mm sucks. Man shot 21 times still alive.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A gunman attacked the Holocaust museum in Washington DC earlier this year and killed a guard using a .22 rifle.

CRIME, GUNS, AND VIDEOTAPE: Squirrel Gun Used In Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting

Apparently none of the bullets hit this guy's brain, heart, or major arteries. It's all about placement. Though surviving 21 hits is still pretty amazing. Almost as amazing is police using 9mm. I thought most all of them used .40s these days. :dunno:

Last edited:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Most people have 10 fingers and 10 toes, there alone twenty spots on the body to be shot without losing life. Over 50 rounds fired and only 21 hits? I think some LEO's ought to be going to the range more often. Glad I didn't live downstream of that firefight.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Read the second article, the one pathologist said the human body can actually survive many bullet wounds. Also I did not see them mention drugs. If he was jacked up on some ****. Especially heroin which is a pain killer. Then the body is not going to react, as if the system was clean of foreign substances. If you think that 9mm sucks. Take your chances then, and volunteer to be shot 21 times. My :twocents:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    You have to remember, we are talking about new Yonkers here! How much respect can you have for a place that would elect a mayor like they have. I purposely did not say his name. And I know he probably bought his title. The leos probably don't get much range time, that's for mayors body guards.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    id rather be shot 21 times with a 45 by a guy who cant shoot straight than one time with a 9mm by a guy who knows how to hit where he is aiming

i sure wish i would have took pic's of the 90 pound dog i put 1 45ACP TAP 230gr into and you would change your tune...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Your google-fu is weak. NYPD uses 9mm pistols. The officers have their choice of a Glock 19, a Sig 226 or a S&W 5946. All modified to have their trigger pull at a minimum of 12 pounds, Double Action Only.

That probably doesn't help their aim much also.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Too bad the POS survived. Seems that he had just shot and killed another person. Oh well at least we know gun control works real well in NY:noway:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Shot placement, IMHO, is inhibited by the obscenely complex safety mandates handed down by administrative types. The NY trigger is abhorrent. Folks will defend it, claiming that it is "crisp". So it trying to snap hardened steel...

This looks like triggers hampering officer's ability to shoot correctly. The ammo they use is great (124 gr +P Gold Dots), but means nothing if their triggers are causing periphery hits on extremities. I cant hit crap with a NY trigger (having tried on in a G19) and I am an accomplished shooter (if I may toot my horn a little bit, wait, not in public... :D ).

In stories of police shootings, I am seeing alot more spray and prays, LOTS of rounds, few hits.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Back in the day I used to have a magazine article on my wall that I often looked at before going on duty. It had six brief stories, three on each page opposite one another. The three on the left were about people taking multiple hits and surviving. One guy took five hits to the body with a .44 and one hit to the hand and still managed to drive himself to the hospital. The three stories on the right were about people who took minor injuries, panicked and lost their lives. The one of those that I recall most was a guy who was hit in the crook of his elbow with a .22, panicked, went into shock and bled to death.

I can personally recall seeing a big, muscular guy shot dead by a single round from a .380 and also seeing an elderly man shot several times in the chest by a .380. The elderly guy was in the process of choking the shooter when we arrived.

I would say its shot placement first and mental attitude a close second.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    For some reason, I'm annoyed by the caption of "Shooting Victim" by this guy, who Police witnessed committing a homicide before turning the gun towards the cops.

Victim isn't quite the right word here. :rolleyes:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    For some reason, I'm annoyed by the caption of "Shooting Victim" by this guy, who Police witnessed committing a homicide before turning the gun towards the cops.

Victim isn't quite the right word here. :rolleyes:

:+1:

I saw that, too. Aggravates the heck out of me. The guy just killed someone... he is not a victim. Rather, he is wasting oxygen.

Top Bottom