Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...s-ny-prosecutors-access-to-trumps-tax-returns

The Supreme Court has ruled that a New York prosecutor can have President Trump’s financial records, including his tax returns. In a separate suit, the Court also blocked congressional Democrats bid to receive the President’s tax returns, sending it back to the lower courts.

How long before these documents get leaked?

If you read through it, the ruling is the prosecutor has a right to ask for them. What for? The what for can be argued and appealed in the lower courts until the next election.
    It's a nothing burger right now, but believe it will come back around to bite the dems one day.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unless Joe has nuclear fusion in his pocket somewhere, I think he doesn't have a good idea about how thermodynamics work. Regardless, the karen mob will buy in because it sounds good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unless Joe has nuclear fusion in his pocket somewhere, I think he doesn't have a good idea about how thermodynamics work. Regardless, the karen mob will buy in because it sounds good.

Sorry Leadeye, but what's this in reference to? Disclaimer: It's late (for me) and I'm tired. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sessions just lost his primary...

Sessions.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry Leadeye, but what's this in reference to? Disclaimer: It's late (for me) and I'm tired. :):

He had a speech about, energy policy, global warming, jobs, all rolled into one. It all sounds great if he has Mr. Fusion generators under wraps in that basement of his.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    People have been trying to stretch the laws of thermodynamics for a long time and find that free energy, not the kind that Gibbs refers to. My guess is that if you are in dc too long you start seeing reality as things that are conjured up by law/lobby firms and poll results. The money has a way of shaping reality for those people, so remember....

Always follow the money

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why do people hate Sessions? I thought you guys liked him at one time. Did he **** on Trump's shoe?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Why do people hate Sessions? I thought you guys liked him at one time. Did he **** on Trump's shoe?

He didn't **** on Trump's shoe. He used a dump truck to bury him in it.

Sessions recused himself from the hoax Russia investigation on a very thin circumstance to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest. He had met with the Russian ambassador (one of 25 meetings with different ambassadors) while previously on the Armed Services subcommittee.

This directly led to one of the deep state conspirators (Rod Rosenstein) leading the DOJ investigation of Trump.

The Russia collusion accusations happened early enough that Sessions could have given Trump a heads up that he likely would recuse himself from the investigation before he was named as head of DOJ. Trump has said that he would not have appointed him for the position if he had known that.

Bottom line: Jeff Sessions took a job that he would likely not be able to handle an important segment of on a very thin excuse directly leading to the three year hamstringing of Trump's presidency.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You mean other than the lack of a spine?

I'll assume you don't subscribe to the 'Barr is a Trump tool' trope, so let me ask you. Could you see Sessions not withering under the pressure and getting done 1/10 of what Barr has? And it would have been much easier for him to do so since it would be right at the beginning

Sessions was worrying about his legacy before he even had one. IMO that exposed him as someone cynically trying to ride the Trump phenomenon while in no way being committed to the program. Arguably he would have been like so many others in the last 3 1/2 years, riding Trump for all he was worth then jumping clear and looking for the next horse while hyping his tell-all book. Been there, done that

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He stepped aside when he needed to stand up to the DNC machine.
    Oh. The recusal. That actually seemed like the right thing to do to me, but I guess if you expect the AG to be the president’s “wing man” I could see why that might upset some people.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Oh. The recusal. That actually seemed like the right thing to do to me, but I guess if you expect the AG to be the president’s “wing man” I could see why that might upset some people.

Are you were saying Sessions was conflicted? By what specifically?

Are you are saying that he couldn't have told Trump that he felt he was conflicted on any Russia investigation and might have to recuse himself? Seems like relevant info.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you were saying Sessions was conflicted? By what specifically?

Are you are saying that he couldn't have told Trump that he felt he was conflicted on any Russia investigation and might have to recuse himself? Seems like relevant info.

He was involved in the campaign which was being investigated. If he continued, he would be presiding over his own investigation. I think if a similar situation had been repeated but with the Obama campaign, you'd most likely see the conflict in the AG presiding over investigating himself. I think he thought he would lose a challenge in court that he should be recuse. I'm not sure that's true. It was a judgement call, and his actions are justified by the circumstances. Well. Unless you want the AG to be Trump's wingman. Maybe you can justify that position but I can't having spent too much time criticizing Holder for being Obama's wing man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom