The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Well thank goodness the FBI is investigating Sheriff Clark. Meanwhile, nothing is being done about the Somali “police officer” who gunned down a woman armed in a robe. :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    no LOL.....or trolling my friend.....they closed the probe in May??????......

And my original post indicated what? That the FBI investigatED Clarke for his abuse of power. If you have no issue with the heads of LE depts abusing their power by targeting and harassing private citizens because they feel slighted, it's fairly clear that we have a difference of opinion in what we expect from our elected officials.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well thank goodness the FBI is investigating Sheriff Clark. Meanwhile, nothing is being done about the Somali “police officer” who gunned down a woman armed in a robe. :rolleyes:

That was investigated too, what more would you like done?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    And my original post indicated what? That the FBI investigatED Clarke for his abuse of power. If you have no issue with the heads of LE depts abusing their power by targeting and harassing private citizens because they feel slighted, it's fairly clear that we have a difference of opinion in what we expect from our elected officials.

that is it they INVESTIGATED him found nothing and dropped it.....lots of people get accused of stuff they didn't do.....you should know this better than most....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We see where the fake news originates here, right?

It's not the origin of fake news, that's the danger. It's those who are willing to automatically believe it because it reconciles with their worldview. Sheeple, for instance.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    that is it they INVESTIGATED him found nothing and dropped it.....lots of people get accused of stuff they didn't do.....you should know this better than most....

Lots of people get accused of stuff they actually did do, and the state declines to prosecute, for one reason or another. I know THAT better than most. You apparently didn't read the affidavit, as it makes clear what Clarke did. If you're ok with it, fine. I'm not.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Lots of people get accused of stuff they actually did do, and the state declines to prosecute, for one reason or another. I know THAT better than most. You apparently didn't read the affidavit, as it makes clear what Clarke did. If you're ok with it, fine. I'm not.

if he didn't why did they drop it????

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Apparently, not very well. And how is it this officer can refuse to speak to investigators? Is this normal procedure??
    Yes, he retains his fifth amendment rights. If they were to make a statement a condition of his continued employment, he would be have to be given immunity from its use in criminal court under the Garrity rule. Didn't he resign though making Garrity moot?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Yes, he retains his fifth amendment rights. If they were to make a statement a condition of his continued employment, he would be have to be given immunity from its use in criminal court under the Garrity rule. Didn't he resign though making Garrity moot?

I admit I am not familiar with the Garrity rule. According to a Reuters story dated 12/28/17, the officer is on "PAID leave and has declined to be interviewed by Minnesota state investigators." I believe the police chief has resigned, but not the officer in question.

I just can't imagine that I would be walking around freely if someone slapped the back of my truck bed and I immediately shot them dead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I admit I am not familiar with the Garrity rule. According to a Reuters story dated 12/28/17, the officer is on "PAID leave and has declined to be interviewed by Minnesota state investigators." I believe the police chief has resigned, but not the officer in question.

I just can't imagine that I would be walking around freely if someone slapped the back of my truck bed and I immediately shot them dead.

That doesn't really explain the circumstance. If you were looking to help someone else that you believed might be in imminent danger from another, were startled, and shot a person in a panic, then you probably would be walking around freely. Here's my question to you. Do you think this officer shot this woman with malice, having the intent to kill an innocent person?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Anybody can be investigated for anything, especially a rabidly anti-leftist like Clark.

However, the investigation was closed with no action. Apparently the FBI believes that Clark did not abuse his power by targeting a private citizen after doing an actual investigation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anybody can be investigated for anything, especially a rabidly anti-leftist like Clark.

However, the investigation was closed with no action. Apparently the FBI believes that Clark did not abuse his power by targeting a private citizen after doing an actual investigation.

“Any good prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a HAM sandwich.”
    ―Sol Wachtler

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom