The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm not going to shame someone for liking someone I don't like. And I'm not going to like someone just becomes someone I like likes someone. Dare to be an individual.

Press "like" if you like this message. Keep it to yourself if you don't. Reply with your dissent if you disagree.

I see you have been spending time on Facebook yelling "First!" in the comment sections.

tch tch

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh yeah. Youtube. A step up from FB. Well...maybe.....

And the purple key is broken on your machine? :)

YouTube and really most of social media is a collection of individuals' inner persons. It can be a phenomenal tool for communicating ideas. Think of all the ideas that you've had in your life inspired by reading great works of literature. There are orders of maginitude more information out in the public domain now than ever before in history. You have to have a good filter though. There's also a lot of noise. Facebook doesn't appear to me to be a great venue for gleaning information. There's too much noise there. But YouTube and even twitter, has a better platform for filtering out noise. On facebook it's almost all noise.

Also, as a rule, I don't use purple. I leave it to people not to think the worst of me and assume that if it seems out of what you've come to know of my character, I probably mean it sarcastically. You know. Sith Lord and all.

Sometimes I use purple if I think there's a moral reason I need to communicate that I'm joking.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    YouTube and really most of social media is a collection of individuals' inner persons. It can be a phenomenal tool for communicating ideas. Think of all the ideas that you've had in your life inspired by reading great works of literature. There are orders of maginitude more information out in the public domain now than ever before in history. You have to have a good filter though. There's also a lot of noise. Facebook doesn't appear to me to be a great venue for gleaning information. There's too much noise there. But YouTube and even twitter, has a better platform for filtering out noise. On facebook it's almost all noise.

Also, as a rule, I don't use purple. I leave it to people not to think the worst of me and assume that if it seems out of what you've come to know of my character, I probably mean it sarcastically. You know. Sith Lord and all.

Sometimes I use purple if I think there's a moral reason I need to communicate that I'm joking.

I get you, Jamil, though some are sarcasm-impaired and need a little help, a signal, a sign...

leonard.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    YouTube and really most of social media is a collection of individuals' inner persons...

Often, it's just their self-directed and projected person.

Discovering and exposing the nuances of the inner person generally requires more interactivity.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    While Jamil has toyed with the eddy's in the great center island of the stream, he has undoubtedly decided to cast his lot along the right fork of the river. I therefore no longer give him the benefit of the doubt on snark. The right stream tends to take everything seriously and find need to comment on anything from Kenya to stiletto heels in Houston.

Meh.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While Jamil has toyed with the eddy's in the great center island of the stream, he has undoubtedly decided to cast his lot along the right fork of the river. I therefore no longer give him the benefit of the doubt on snark. The right stream tends to take everything seriously and find need to comment on anything from Kenya to stiletto heels in Houston.

Meh.

How perfectly darling that the left (those of the 57 genders) would not recognize and acknowledge the triumph of style over substance

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Meh.

I think you misunderstand. I haven't decided to cast my lot along the right fork. That's where my proclivities have always been. That's just part of my personality and I understand that's where my biases are. But I'm not casting my lot with a tribe. I'm just trying to figure out what's true. And if you get snark from me, it's usually pretty obvious, and in my opinion, deserved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you misunderstand. I haven't decided to cast my lot along the right fork. That's where my proclivities have always been. That's just part of my personality and I understand that's where my biases are. But I'm not casting my lot with a tribe. I'm just trying to figure out what's true. And if you get snark from me, it's usually pretty obvious, and in my opinion, deserved.

I can tell you what is true. The Sessions DoJ says it has found no evidence of Trump Tower being wiretapped, obviously directly contradicting our president's "proof." This, of course, assumes that the DoJ and FBI are more competent that the president's own investigators.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You for got there is also no evidence that anyone on the Trmp team was ever targeted in investigations by the FBI, CIA, or any other agency under Obama's control.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can tell you what is true. The Sessions DoJ says it has found no evidence of Trump Tower being wiretapped, obviously directly contradicting our president's "proof." This, of course, assumes that the DoJ and FBI are more competent that the president's own investigators.
    The wiretap thing was bull**** from the start. Trump got caught up tweeting nonsense and had to make up stuff to cover.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom