• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And now the bureaucrats have to go find a real job instead of attacking the productive elements of society.

Don't fall for the bureaucrats' lies, all this actually harms is them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm happy that the president didnt get his way by throwing his temper tantrum. I do feel for the real live Americans who are affected personally by our governments failure to do their dam jobs and follow the laws and will of the people. Their all dirty but especially those damn dirty democrat rats. If only we could stop the welfare checks just for one month. They'd have riots in the streets in every city in America.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    I don't know how to feel about this, I'm glad the president didnt get his way but at the same time I am a government employee who will still have to show up for work but won't get paid till who knows when. No new guns for awhile.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I don't understand the comments of the President not getting his way ?? Am I misinformed that the Government shutdown does not prevent the ACA from moving forward ?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't know how to feel about this, I'm glad the president didnt get his way but at the same time I am a government employee who will still have to show up for work but won't get paid till who knows when. No new guns for awhile.

I thought employees who wont get paid wont show up to work. :dunno:
    I heard that some will show up and still get paid (FBI, postal service etc) and some are not even allowed to work if they are not getting paid.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

I would hope you have seen from history that shutdowns happen and you have some extra money saved to get you through, the same as we privately employed people save up a months pay for a sudden lay-off or job loss. However, you will get paid eventually, we would not get back pay if we where laid off.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    So...the government that spies on us, wastes billions of taxpayer money, and has contempt for the American tax paying citizen and corporation is shut down?

How awful. I wonder how long we can force them to stay shut down? I hope forever....

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    So...the government that spies on us, wastes billions of taxpayer money, and has contempt for the American tax paying citizen and corporation is shut down?

How awful. I wonder how long we can force them to stay shut down? I hope forever....

Nope, that part is "essential", spying, waste, and contempt will continue on schedule.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Find another job.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Nope, that part is "essential", spying, waste, and contempt will continue on schedule.

So true....

Having said that, I am a CAP pilot and we are standing down. All flight OPS are on hold until we get word from the Air Force on funding for October missions.

I am good with that.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    I thought employees who wont get paid wont show up to work. :dunno:
    I heard that some will show up and still get paid (FBI, postal service etc) and some are not even allowed to work if they are not getting paid.

We will get paid, but not untill they pass a bill and the president signs it. Even then who knows how long it will take them to pay us. And it's the government, so I'm sure they will screw it up

Top Bottom