• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Atleast you get a phone call. I haven't heard anything about the 2 stolen out of my apartment. (One I highly doubt I will as I could not get one number of the serial number off the picture I had... lesson learned)

Word. My dad had 3 revolvers stolen when I was little. I should probably have him call IMPD to see if any were recovered. He hasn't heard about it in about 20 years now.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    Not being snarky, honestly curious here: Do those of you who have had firearms stolen have homeowners insurance that cover them?

We not only have renter's insurance that covers theft, but I took out a rider specifically for firearms coverage.

About 1992, I was relieved of 2 pistols (one was a Ruger Security six). I had the standard home owners insurance of $1,000 for firearms. However, having my FFL at the time, I was able to replace both with upgraded models and a 3rd pistol to boot.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Also worth noting on the subject, a recovered stolen firearm that was paid for by insurance is often times viewed as the insurance company's property. We have had a few insurance company's donate stolen/recovered and paid for weapons. They don't want them. How the determination is made that insurance paid for them is above my pay grade.

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I agree with the OP,+1 to them for at least calling and checking,instead of forgetting,I had 2 shotguns,a 22,and a 30-30 stolen 7 years ago,had an officer come out and made the report,and in no time it was forgotten about,could say fortunately,or unfortunately,it turned out they were stolen by a guy I grew up with who was supposed to be my "friend",and in 3 years he slipped up,a couple times with me,and one BIG slip in the friend I bought my 30-30 from,went over to his apartment and caught him with the very rifle hed sold me,to make a long story short I called and informed him if he returned my guns then noone needed to know,which he was glad to do since he had just joined the military,and was trying to make it a career,which had I called the police,would have ruined any chance of that!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The police won't recover stolen guns with much regularity until they start going door-to-door during the gun confiscation that is sure to happen.

Ah heck I just got the door to door confiscation memo from home land security tonight. Wonder if anyone is gonna be mad?:D

Top Bottom