That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One other thing, there's more to the social construct than what BBI said. It's not uniquely American. Maybe one could make a case that the concept could have originated here

It's not "American" as in US of A "American" in it's origin. It's "American" in the sense that the discovery of the continents of America by Europeans and the resulting mixing of races required a new way to look at race that wasn't relevant before hand. That's when Globalization started and the races began to meet and mingle in numbers and ways never seen before.

The Columbian Exchange created huge migrations, willing and unwilling. In a real broad brush approach, Europeans wanted natural resources that were only available in the Americas (vast amounts of silver, certain crops, huge amounts of natural fertilizer from seabird droppings, etc). They also wanted Chinese goods, and the Chinese also wanted American resources. Malaria was introduced to the Americas, and thrived due to the mosquitoes here. Malaria killed the indigenous people used as slaves. Central and West Africans are largely immune to malaria due to a genetic difference (same one that causes Sickle Cell). African labor gets imported because they don't die. Most of the early African slaves are POWs sold by other tribes. POWs tend to be soldiers. Importing soldiers means you just bought a bunch of people who know how to fight and don't like you into your lands, and revolts happen. Africans set up their own communities or hybridize a society with the Indians. This is the start of the "Colombian Exchange", which was the start of what we now call Globalization.

Race wasn't *just* a social construct and I didn't imply it was historically. It was largely an economic, moral, and religious construct. If a given race is inferior and stuck in savagery, it's unfair and un-Christian to *not* colonize them or import them unwillingly. It's the only way to show them civilization and lift them from their nearly-animal existence, as in 4,000 years they've not been able to figure it out on their own due to racial limitations. That type of construct isn't required when each race remains in a separate existence pre-Globalization. And now that we're no longer justifying slavery or colonization, the idea of race also changes.

As for how it's viewed today, honestly I'm probably more in my lane talking about centuries ago. I don't track the latest SJW thought processes or what's a "micro-aggression" so I'm out of the loop on that conversation.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Route 45 again.

Thank you sir, I tried to post it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks for helping an Irish brother out. 
    Did you get a tan? Lol
    Girl told my daughter at school that she was a racist for referring to the peach crayon as skin color.
    I told my daughter the next time someone calls you a racist tell them to get a life and **** off. I'll be ready to visit the office

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Did you get a tan? Lol
    Girl told my daughter at school that she was a racist for referring to the peach crayon as skin color.
    I told my daughter the next time someone calls you a racist tell them to get a life and **** off. I'll be ready to visit the office
    I've been on my boat for three days, I'm actually darker than that.
    #BlackIrishTansMatter

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom