• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I am 1000% against ILLEGAL entry into any country. I think many are failing to separate legal/illegal.

Of course, she came on a visa. Not saying you do but, People have reading comprehension issues here because they judge people who they have never been in their shoes.

No one said reimbursement. The process is bunk. They reject people (wifes sister) for no reason and keep her money. That should be refunded if there was no fraud involved. Paying for background checks and health checks as part of the process is ok as long as you are granted the process. They blatantly reject many for no reason.

Now, with me, I had things on my record from when i was young they made me get it expunged? (Owi) Why the heck does that matter? Im a us citizen already! They just throw up road blocks to see if they can drain money from you.
    You obviously don't like this country. Maybe you should try a different country and see if they are better.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    You obviously don't like this country. Maybe you should try a different country and see if they are better.
    Love how these keyboard tough guys come out of the wood work! I bled for this country!

Oh and if your not NATIVE AMERICAN like myself then your immigrant to! Maybe you should go check out your roots.

Obviously there are some racists in our midsts

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Love how these keyboard tough guys come out of the wood work! I bled for this country!

Oh and if your not NATIVE AMERICAN like myself then your immigrant to! Maybe you should go check out your roots.

Oh, the complainer is touchy. and wrong.

I am not a tough guy anymore, can barely walk, so you are wrong.
    All of humanity has its roots in Africa so we got the same roots.
    Racist? No, so you are wrong.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am 1000% against ILLEGAL entry into any country. I think many are failing to separate legal/illegal.

Of course, she came on a visa. Not saying you do but, People have reading comprehension issues here because they judge people who they have never been in their shoes.
    I wasn't trying to say that she didn't have a visa, but that I was guessing that it was an immigrant vs non immigrant.

Most if not all the examples that you listed from sitting outside the embassy would have been covered by a non immigrant visa aka tourist/work/etc. Which are much cheaper and less hoops. Which is where the dollar figure I stated comes from.
    No one said reimbursement. The process is bunk. They reject people (wifes sister) for no reason and keep her money. That should be refunded if there was no fraud involved. Paying for background checks and health checks as part of the process is ok as long as you are granted the process. They blatantly reject many for no reason.
    Okay you say refund, I said reimburse either one works. Once again it costs the govt money for the process, approved of denied. Heck I know of several rental places that charge an application fee, yeah no refund if you don't get approved.

I'm going to guess that they did give a reason for denying your SiL.
    Now, with me, I had things on my record from when i was young they made me get it expunged? (Owi) Why the heck does that matter? Im a us citizen already! They just throw up road blocks to see if they can drain money from you.
    Just guessing, but I'm assuming you were her sponsor and sponsors require a clean criminal record. While you may not agree with it, and honestly depending on the conviction and amount of time since I may not either. But I can see the reasoning behind it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

They are setting the expectations for who they let in and who they are released to. Why bring in someone that has a criminal record and release them to someone that has a criminal history? Why are we expected to “take a chance” on someone that’s not squeaky clean? Why is that my obligation? Why not have them prove worthiness? It is not an entitlement, but rather a privilege to migrate here. Canada requires proof that you can contribute to society in a positive manner and financially support yourself. Why should we not do the same here? And sorry “native Americans” are not native. Every human migrated here from somewhere else.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

"Native Americans" are no more native than anyone else that was born here. Their ancestors just immigrated here earlier.

The Canadian "first person" is probably more accurate, although there is some evidence of others being here earlier. Of which they may have been my ancestors.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I wasn't trying to say that she didn't have a visa, but that I was guessing that it was an immigrant vs non immigrant.

Most if not all the examples that you listed from sitting outside the embassy would have been covered by a non immigrant visa aka tourist/work/etc. Which are much cheaper and less hoops. Which is where the dollar figure I stated comes from.

Okay you say refund, I said reimburse either one works. Once again it costs the govt money for the process, approved of denied. Heck I know of several rental places that charge an application fee, yeah no refund if you don't get approved.

I'm going to guess that they did give a reason for denying your SiL.

Just guessing, but I'm assuming you were her sponsor and sponsors require a clean criminal record. While you may not agree with it, and honestly depending on the conviction and amount of time since I may not either. But I can see the reasoning behind it.
    Ah i see where you were coming from now! Yeah non immigrant visas are definitely less expensive and rigorous in process.

But i can attest that there is massive denials that are unjust for just visting. I understand the cost but they have their mind made up before they even apply. Yes i sponsored her, an owi shouldnt be something of concern. I understand if it was serious like a felony or violent crime. Even after that it was every step of the way they tried to find a reason to deny. I wish people could see what a legal immigrant has to go through. Thats why most that legaly come here are grateful and flourish .

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They are setting the expectations for who they let in and who they are released to. Why bring in someone that has a criminal record and release them to someone that has a criminal history? Why are we expected to “take a chance” on someone that’s not squeaky clean? Why is that my obligation? Why not have them prove worthiness? It is not an entitlement, but rather a privilege to migrate here. Canada requires proof that you can contribute to society in a positive manner and financially support yourself. Why should we not do the same here? And sorry “native Americans” are not native. Every human migrated here from somewhere else.
    Where do you get that his wife has a criminal record?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ah i see where you were coming from now! Yeah non immigrant visas are definitely less expensive and rigorous in process.

But i can attest that there is massive denials that are unjust for just visting. I understand the cost but they have their mind made up before they even apply. Yes i sponsored her, an owi shouldnt be something of concern. I understand if it was serious like a felony or violent crime. Even after that it was every step of the way they tried to find a reason to deny. I wish people could see what a legal immigrant has to go through. Thats why most that legaly come here are grateful and flourish .
    I'm sure there are some unjust reasons, or at least they appear to be. Heck an INGO member received a tourist visa to come visit his GF here in IN. Made it into the country and was denied entry at the airport. The reason given was that they believed he wasn't going to go back home. And yes he had his return ticket.

While I might agree that a DUI shouldn't necessarily matter, I'm guessing it's easier to just require a clean record rather than list every crime. Especially with the differences between the states, and with how plea bargains work.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Did I say his wife? I’m sure checking for a criminal record is part of the vetting process. Just saying …
    Nope you didn't state his wife, but you responded to his post where he said that he had to get his record expunged, to get his wife a visa. Which you expanded to the immigrant having a record.

Don't try to be cute, IMO you were trying to imply that his wife had a criminal record.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I'm sure there are some unjust reasons, or at least they appear to be. Heck an INGO member received a tourist visa to come visit his GF here in IN. Made it into the country and was denied entry at the airport. The reason given was that they believed he wasn't going to go back home. And yes he had his return ticket.

While I might agree that a DUI shouldn't necessarily matter, I'm guessing it's easier to just require a clean record rather than list every crime. Especially with the differences between the states, and with how plea bargains work.
    Wow that is sad!!! They shouldn't have that much power. I have no issues with the process i went through could afford it thankfully. They sprung that late in the process too. You would think that would be a first step. I should have done it sooner never thought it would ever come back but ya never know.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Nope you didn't state his wife, but you responded to his post where he said that he had to get his record expunged, to get his wife a visa. Which you expanded to the immigrant having a record.

Don't try to be cute, IMO you were trying to imply that his wife had a criminal record.
    Thanks again! Im working with the admins toget this nonsense to stop. I have become a target of a few members who apparently hate even legal immigrantion. And also hate open discussions bc they are one sided. I have that person blocked also.

I stood up for myself and my wife and i was unjustly banned for a few weeks yet these trolls just keep harassing. I hope INGO does the right thing.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

You’re wrong. No cuteness intended. I was speaking of immigration as a whole. Your interpretation brought his wife as the subject. I am not responsible for how you incorrectly interpret what has been written. Believe me if I speak of someone specific, they will be mentioned by name or title.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

Oh ok , don’t like the conversation? Everyone is a racist! What a frickin joke!

Top Bottom