• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    There are some folks in Connecticut sending a pretty clear message to their elected officials via other means.

How long will it be until the SWAT teams start kicking their doors in, killing their dogs, killing them? What if the people growing their own MEDICINE in there own house feel the same way. Civil disobedience. Enforce the laws, but just wait until the law says no more guns. You gonna come enforce it? No moral obligation not to right? That is why people die, plain and simple.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again, we are a nation of laws. While you may not agree with all of the laws, abiding by them is a condition of enjoying the freedoms this country offers. If you don't like them there are ways to get them changed but your attempts to place that responsibility with me is flawed.

You keep skirting the issue.

This should be a simple yes or no question.

Are you responsible for the moral ramifications of your actions under orders?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It was once legal to discriminate against blacks and to violate their First Amendment Rights with fire hoses, dogs and billy clubs, phylo. Would you, were it still the law of the land, engage in such behaviour if you were ordered to, as part of your duties as an officer? Plenty of cops did just that and were "just doing our jobs". Where would you stand? Would you follow orders or follow your own moral compass, (should it be in opposition to such an act)? You keep dancing around a relatively simple question.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not dancing around anything. I do not disagree with all laws that don't involve force, sorry. I'm not sacrificing my life for someone who wants to smoke weed. I have lines in the sand which I won't cross on various topics and I've discussed them here before.

Am am I going to quit my job out of some moral obligation which flies in the face of our entire system of government? Not unless I see it personally as something that is fundamentally wrong. I don't see the illegality of narcotics as something so fundamentally wrong that I'm going to give up everything for it, sorry. Hate away, I could give a ****. As I've already said, I don't agree with the law and you all bear the same responsibility I do for its existence. It's fun to blame others though.

Bottom line is that I've done a hell of a lot more good wearing a badge than harm. Nothing is perfect including our society. I can deal with it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There's an old saying... all politics are local. Well, all tyranny is local, too. Tyrannical laws cannot be enforced from hundreds or thousands of miles away; they can only be enforced locally. Neither can they be fought from afar. They can only truly be fought locally, by making the cost of enforcing them far outweigh the benefit, to the point that they are no longer enforced, and those charged with enforcing them take part in the battle to get them repealed.

Always remember that.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Bottom line is that I've done a hell of a lot more good wearing a badge than harm. Nothing is perfect including our society. I can deal with it.

There are thousands of people rotting their lives away in prison for plant related crimes. Not sure how much good it would take to offset such a travesty.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I decide my own moral obligations, no one else. I don't attempt to impose mine on anyone else nor will I accept someone attempting the same on me.
    Aren't these absurd prohibitions the ultimate imposition of other people's morals over un-consenting adults?

No one here is willing to make my mortgage payment in return for sacrificing my family's well being by quitting my job on their behalf.
    You're not alone in your concerns. Many breadwinners have been thrown into prison because of the drug war. Many mortgages have gone unpaid. Many marriages and families destroyed. Many children have been orphaned.

I didn't make the plant illegal. I don't support it continuing to be illegal.

That's good. Over the weekend I attended an event hosted by LEAP. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. A 36-year-police vet spoke on the injustices of the Drug War. He discussed how much it has transformed police work in his lifetime. He discussed how it wastes resources and keeps officers from answering more important calls. He discussed how unpopular it makes police in this country. How it damages communities. He showed some pretty astonishing national statistics. Talked about officers and innocent who didn't need to die.

You should join LEAP. A cop's stand against this kind of stuff has a certain impact that can't be matched by us internet jockeys who are disgusted with the system. Speak out. Be an activist.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hate away, I could give a ****.

And that's why I don't like cops. I can safely assure you, that you are specifically part of the problem with this world.

To hell with accountability, you don't care right? Just shift the blame to your victims while you collect your paycheck from my tax dollars that you would accost me for if it threatened your income.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There are thousands of people rotting their lives away in prison for plant related crimes.

Many breadwinners have been thrown into prison because of the drug war. Many mortgages have gone unpaid. Many marriages and families destroyed. Many children have been orphaned.
    And yet these people continue to use these drugs. Knowing they are illegal and dangerous. Yet those people continue to place themselves at risk.

I see studies that say the majority of the population support legalizing these drugs. But the majority of the population continue to elect politicians that keep them illegal. How can this be?

Are the studies wrong? Are these drugs so powerful, addictive and debilitating that the majority of the population cannot put it down one day a year to vote for their politicians that support their views?

I'll vote to legalize them all tomorrow...as soon as I'm assured not a penny will come from me to support the drug addict's habit, their welfare needs, their rehab, medical and death expenses.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Why don't we change the law to legalize marijuana so Frank and Phylo can concentrate on the important stuff like arresting murderers, rapists, and robbers? Bad laws put the police and everyone else in ****ty situations, bad rules make for bad games.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Why don't we change the law to legalize marijuana so Frank and Phylo can concentrate on the important stuff like arresting murderers, rapists, and robbers? Bad laws put the police and everyone else in ****ty situations, bad rules make for bad games.

I've arrested more car thieves, rapists, and domestic batterers lately than I have plant carriers. So yes, I have better things to do.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And yet these people continue to use these drugs. Knowing they are illegal and dangerous. Yet those people continue to place themselves at risk.
    Its a good topic of sociological study. People seem to want their drugs and alcohol regardless of what rules the government makes. After so clearly realizing that the laws do not stop or fix addiction, why continue prohibiting what the people demand? What's the benefit to society?

Its also worth noting that the biggest portion of the Drug War is marijuana, and most people in this century agree that it is not "dangerous."

Are these drugs so powerful, addictive and debilitating that the majority of the population cannot put it down one day a year to vote for their politicians that support their views?

Once they are made into felons they are never allowed to have a voice in government again. That excludes millions of people who might potentially vote for a change in policy.

Then there are the corporate interests that lobby against freedom because it would cut into their monopolistic corners of the market.

Then there are the election commissions that keep 3rd parties out of debates, and other rules that ensure the prevailing powers remain in power.

A freedom candidate has all possible odds stacked against them.

I'll vote to legalize them all tomorrow...as soon as I'm assured not a penny will come from me to support the drug addict's habit, their welfare needs, their rehab, medical and death expenses.

Check where your pennies are already going. Drug addicts are given free housing, free beds, free food, free health care, free clothes.... and those are just the ones in the overflowing prison industry. In the pursuit of such "justice" these families are broken apart and the breadwinners are behind bars, and the remaining single- or zero-parent families are hitting the welfare roles. The Drug War amplifies the dependency of the nation.

Then factor in the costs of those jails and prisons, the judges and courts, bureaucracy costs, training costs, task forces, the DEA, SWAT teams, animal training, bulk ski mask purchases, and you're looking a LOT of money.

Count The Costs estimates $100,000,000,000.00 is spent per year in the USA on enforcing the drug war.

That's roughly $1,000 per taxpayer. Per year.

Lastly, stop and realize that legalized products means new industries and more jobs. More sustainable households. Instead of paying to cage these people and subsidize their families, they could actually work legally in an industry that was formerly illegal.

So if you hate welfare and high taxes, ending prohibition is an absolute no brainer. Economics are clearly on the side of freedom.

Waiting for a promise of "not one penny" kinda ignores the incredible burden we're already yoked with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom