• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And set a record for fastest accelerating electric car. 11.6 seconds in the quarter mile. Now, I will give the Charger driver a bit of slack. It was apparently his first time in the Dodge. They're going to redo the race to see if they get the same results again. My guess is they will.

[video=youtube_share;kG6veF_34QE]http://youtu.be/kG6veF_34QE[/video]

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Its not a Charger. It's a Challenger Hellcat. Big difference. And the Challenger got a red light so there was really no motivation to hit the gas after that. That being said, the Tesla is impressive. I'd like to see a real race between the two.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, the story isn't that the green Dodge was out-driven in that race. The story is a full-electric sedan running the 1/4 in 11.6 at 114 MPH. THAT is pretty impressive.

11.6 puts one on a pretty short list.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's a Challenger. Get someone in it that knows what they're doing and you'll probably get a different outcome.:twocents:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That Tesla was impressive, but I bet I could wax his tail with my meager 10 GT Mustang. I don't know if it was reality or just pure terror (ask Miniwrench about that, he's asked me not to do it anymore), but I've made 1/8th faster than I could perceive, then chirped the tires into second. My 86 GT would lag out of the hole vs something like a Honda CRX, but it was just getting into the good part of 1st gear when the Honda had to shift, and then I'd leave him in the grass wondering what had just happened to him.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The Hellcat is reportedly capable of a 10.8 in the QM. I think each vehicle has its merits and if they start giving them away I'll take one of each please.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Meh, electric cars....,

Question: "I get 50 mpg in my Prius hybrid, what do you get in your big truck?"
    Response: "Pu$$&".

Dirty Steve

I have a 400hp Hemi Ram 4x4 on 35's, a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 33's and drive a Chevy volt to work every day. I feel so conflicted. :):

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lol. The Hellcat driver red-lighted and then did a lazy burnout halfway down the strip to what looks to be about an 18 second quarter mile. I could have beaten that in a stock Crown Vic.

That wasn't a Tesla stomping on a Hellcat. That was a bad driver giving up the race.

Hellcats can run a quarter in the mid-10s.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Two nice cars. Electrics have some great advantages, but get back to me when I can drive 400 miles before refilling, then refilling takes less than 10 minutes.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fossil fuels, because THIS:

hotrodpinupscrissyhende.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mercedes makes an all electric SLS AMG that is a track munching monster.

Electric motors have more torque than their fossil fuel counterparts. This is why the new hotness is combining electric motors with gas. The electric gives the low end grunt and then the high revving gas engine takes over.

Examples:

Mclaren P1
    Porsche 918 Spyder
    Ferrari F70

check out the Top Gear UK review of the 918... Too awesome.! I think the blue flames out of the exhaust is the best part. I'm also 13.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And set a record for fastest accelerating electric car. 11.6 seconds in the quarter mile. Now, I will give the Charger driver a bit of slack. It was apparently his first time in the Dodge. They're going to redo the race to see if they get the same results again. My guess is they will.

That dodge is a mid 13 sec. car depending on the drive train combo. That is not a fair race.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That dodge is a mid 13 sec. car depending on the drive train combo. That is not a fair race.

Edit.....just read it is a Hellcat. Not sure what they roll the clocks at. Should be a good race if the driver gets it to hook.

Top Bottom