• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My sister is looking to complete some items on her "bucket list items", as her disease progresses.

One of her items is to go shooting with her brother (who has the guns in Indiana) somewhere near her house (which is in Illinois)...you see the issue here.

Terre Haute is the closest Indiana town to her house...so, can you guys recommend a public range in or around Terre Haute that we could use to shoot for an hour or two someday?

Thanks and I appreciate any info you have...

-Drew

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Riley Conservation Club or Terre Haute Sporting Clays. I'm not aware of any FREE public ranges in the area, but maybe someone here who's a member could take you along as a guest for free, or something...

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Should have mentioned that she just wants to punch some holes in some paper with something bigger than a BB gun...nothing informal, just "needs to spend some time with her brother" type of thing...

-Drew

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    like said above

the range east of sullivan at minnehaha will work fine. the kid and i go here 4 or 5 times a year and its free. just bring targets and boxes or something to attach them too, nothing there to hold your targets... have fun!:ar15:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am told that there is a new public range in Clinton, IN (11 miles north of TH) called McDonald Lake Rod and Gun Club. I guess they also have a restaurant n stuff. I don't have the contact info, but I'm told they are at the far North end of 13th street. Owners names are Tomi & Dave John.

My wife and I are thinking about going there when we go to the Little Italy Festival over Labor Day Weekend. I was raised in Clinton.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i would be glad to host you at Riley CC. PM me and lets see what we can work out. you two go as my guests and i'll just go work out in another bay.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thanks for the info guys...I will keep all of this for future reference.

When she feels well enough to go, I will either check out Clinton or get with Obijohn.

Either way, I am going to knock this off her bucket list for her...and soon.

Thanks a lot guys...

-Drew

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    The Gun Range 4 miles north west of Brazil Indiana is ProTEQ Firearms Academy. It has just opened a website that will answer your questions. the web address is ........proteq.us. I'll make special allowances for you and your sister to facilitate the bucket list. Contact me through the site.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    This looks to be a good deal for people in that area. It's not exactly in my backyard, but I'm going to check it out when I can.
    They have basically the same rules that we have for our private range. Safety, common sense and courtesy apply.
    Not sure what's involved in the required test for the LL range. A guess is common sense questions and answers.

Top Bottom