• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I thought it was you just mean-mugging me for stopping someone for a b.s. equipment violation... Glad you explained what you were doing, I won't curse you under my breath any more. :D

In all seriousness, I appreciate it. I would much rather take help from a non-LEO than an ass-kicking.
    I would rather see the ass kicking if the stop was over some BS equipment violation. Just making busy work to justify presence....

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I would rather see the ass kicking if the stop was over some BS equipment violation. Just making busy work to justify presence....

I just got E-ticket in my car. No more writer's cramp!!!!

I didn't know you were being any different than usual...must always be a grouch:D

True, but seeing one of my good friends laying near death in a hospital bed and not being able to return the favor to the guy that put him there makes me a little less pleasant the last day and a half.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think its a little premature to be claiming this is a war on cops

No one in this thread has said anything of the sort. Don't turn it into an "us vs. them" debate, I sure am not going to. Remember that a quote given by one member of the LEO community cannot always be attributed to all members of the LEO community.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I think its a little premature to be claiming this is a war on cops

Police fear 'war on cops' after 11 shootings - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
    I think it would be more correctly stated as a "war on police tactics and the administration they work for". Sort of sending a message by killing the messenger, unfortunately the media and the powers that be are either too stupid to read the writing on the wall or they are just blatantly pandering to the ignorance of the masses.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No one in this thread has said anything of the sort. Don't turn it into an "us vs. them" debate, I sure am not going to. Remember that a quote given by one member of the LEO community cannot always be attributed to all members of the LEO community.

+1. No one ever goes to the guys working the streets for interviews.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think it would be more correctly stated as a "war on police tactics and the administration they work for". Sort of sending a message by killing the messenger, unfortunately the media and the powers that be are either too stupid to read the writing on the wall or they are just blatantly pandering to the ignorance of the masses.

I think it's a bit premature to make that assumption as well.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

So in the case of Officer Moore, his tactic was stopping a stolen vehicle and possibly arresting the occupants for possessing that stolen vehicle and whatever other crimes they had already committed before he contacted them, and by your statement that makes it ok for him to be shot? I'll be back in a few minutes, I've got a hat to make out of some shiny pliable metal that I have laying around.

The reality is that people are shooting cops because they aren't man/woman enough to face the consequences of their actions and by shooting officers they prolong their freedom, if only briefly. Scared to go to prison, don't commit crimes. I know it isn't that simple, but if criminals were to actually tell themselves that before doing whatever it is they are going to do, they wouldn't put themselves in the situation of going to prison or doing whatever it took to remain free.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im simply referring to the qoute from the article and nothing else.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    So in the case of Officer Moore, his tactic was stopping a stolen vehicle and possibly arresting the occupants for possessing that stolen vehicle and whatever other crimes they had already committed before he contacted them, and by your statement that makes it ok for him to be shot? I'll be back in a few minutes, I've got a hat to make out of some shiny pliable metal that I have laying around.

The reality is that people are shooting cops because they aren't man/woman enough to face the consequences of their actions and by shooting officers they prolong their freedom, if only briefly. Scared to go to prison, don't commit crimes. I know it isn't that simple, but if criminals were to actually tell themselves that before doing whatever it is they are going to do, they wouldn't put themselves in the situation of going to prison or doing whatever it took to remain free.
    Then perhaps stop creating more crimes. We've gone FAR beyond the realm of absurdity with the actions that we are allowing to be criminalized.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

So since the media is too stupid to figure this out, I assume this is just something you have been able to come up with on your own? Huh...

It seems like these people are usually mentally ill or criminals that don't want to get caught in my experience. We do occasionally have politically motivated murderers but they aren't that common.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Whether this is "the beginning" or just a bad day when a bunch of criminals went off isn't really my concern. However, be well aware that the day is coming if not already upon us when people stand up and say enough is enough. When it happens, who do you think will be the first to take fire? Obviously the enforcement officers/civilian soldiers.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    im getting the vibe that typing this gave you an erection.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Whether this is "the beginning" or just a bad day when a bunch of criminals went off isn't really my concern. However, be well aware that the day is coming if not already upon us when people stand up and say enough is enough. When it happens, who do you think will be the first to take fire? Obviously the enforcement officers/civilian soldiers.

The only people shooting at the police in that situation are the idiots who don't understand how the system works in this country.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    The only people shooting at the police in that situation are the idiots who don't understand how the system works in this country.
    No, they will be shooting at those enforcing what they are fighting against. It won't happen as a result of the system "working" but rather because it doesn't and all other options have been tried and ruled out as being no longer viable. I think you meant to say "the only police getting shot at in that situation are the idiots too stupid to realize they are on the wrong side".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom