Not open for further replies.

mattkellyind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Marion In (Central)
    Ten Officers shot in last 24 hrs in US
    I was watching Headline News this morning and saw this topic. What the heck? Did the US put out a open season on the LEOS? I am all for our rights and privacy, I can somewhat see why actual honest leos are aggressive and overly zealous during traffic stops. It only takes one incident and there life is lost in the pursuit of making this country a safe place. I want to thank all leos, fireman, emts, and service men and women for puttting your lives on the line to help those who need it. I realize with law enforcement there is many whose disagree with them I am one of them at times but I can now begin to understand how some issues come forth with exxcessive force and such. I want my rights and privacy but I also want my neighborhood safe and my leo friends safe. This is not saying every leo is right or that at times lines are crossed. When they are they should be punished, but I think I would not make a good Officer cause I would not be able to control my aggression and suspesion(sp) during patroling after reading a news report like that on my way to work. Thank you to all honest and just Leos.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You never know when it is gonna come. There were 4 in Detroit inside their precinct. Dave was shot by a 61yr old man driving a Toyota, not what we expect. I guess we will be a little more guarded when making traffic stops on everyone for awhile.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What makes the shootings worse is there seems to not be a real pattern of causes that would all add together. Also, just like any other large media circus such as Columbine you will have more copycats. The worst part will be the people who take advantage of these incidents for political and personal gain.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    You never know when it is gonna come. There were 4 in Detroit inside their precinct. Dave was shot by a 61yr old man driving a Toyota, not what we expect. I guess we will be a little more guarded when making traffic stops on everyone for awhile.

pray for all the hero's and their family's.....

:( i heard Jack Lalanne died this morning. on the am radio. he was in his nineties.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    With the drums gearing up for gun control already, this sudden increase in LEO shootings isn't going to help...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    With the drums gearing up for gun control already, this sudden increase in LEO shootings isn't going to help...
    You're correct. It's not going to help. We all know it's not the honest, law abiding citizen you have to worry about.

But with actions like these and the shootings in AZ...all anyone else is going to see is the fire...not what's burning. Call me a pessimist, but I don't see the outcome being good.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    We are not in Kansas any more.

Working in the public safety sector, I really look up to law enforcement. There are some crazy people out there and it’s only getting worse.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just wait till the LAW ABIDING citizens start to return fire. Then you'll know it's on.

Please do. I would be more than appreciative if I was ever to be in a situation where my life was saved by a law-abiding citizen. I would also be more than appreciative if a law-abiding citizen were to stop a crime in progress where the victim was a non-LEO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Please do. I would be more than appreciative if I was ever to be in a situation where my life was saved by a law-abiding citizen. I would also be more than appreciative if a law-abiding citizen were to stop a crime in progress where the victim was a non-LEO.

I always take a good look when I go past an officer at a stop to see if it appears all is going okay.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I always take a good look when I go past an officer at a stop to see if it appears all is going okay.

I thought it was you just mean-mugging me for stopping someone for a b.s. equipment violation... Glad you explained what you were doing, I won't curse you under my breath any more. :D

In all seriousness, I appreciate it. I would much rather take help from a non-LEO than an ass-kicking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom