• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I would take the m35a2. Multifuel engines so it is easier to get fuel and EMPs will not effect it. Plus you have all the room in back for extra gear or people.

:+1:However, I do not live in an urban area. I would have to go with a diesel burning or multi-fuel vehicle that is 4x4 or in the case, 6x6. You may find a lack of roads wherever you may roam. Plus the ability to make your own fuel is a plus.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    All you zombie freaks and no one suggests Dead Reckoning?!?!!?

normal_DSCF0103.JPG

dead_reckoning_1.jpg

Then again, add some armanement to THIS, the Concept GMC PAD, and I'm good to go. :D
    zombie-gmcpad1.jpg

GMC Pad wins California Design Challenge — Autoblog

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I would look for something like the F150 but it's a tad to top heavy. And the cab doesnt allow 360 coverage or allow more than 2 people up front (comfortably). I have my Urban Warfare vehicle, 2003 Z71 Silverado, 33's,V8, 373's,great stock lighting (have supplies with me 365/52/24/7) :D

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    You ought to see what a D8 dozer does to an Explorer parked in the wrong place. Never even knew it was hanging off the blade because of all the dust in Iraq!!! ll we said was "somebody is going to be a fired a$$ over this"
    Bob

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Gas-powered vehicles are all out. Do you folks not remember Katrina? Every gas station within 150 miles had no gas...but the did have diesel ;)

Diesels will also not be affected by the EMP's!

No buyer's remorse on my 7.3L 4x4 F-250 :)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I thought it was based on the F350 single rear axle?
    The f350,450, and 550 are built from the same frame and cab, but with different rear ends and drive lines.
    FAIL. EMPs do not effect the mechanical aspects of any engine, but rather the electronics. All modern diesels are controlled by an ECM or computer and will be effected the same as any other engine.

I choose the toyota 4x4. The oldest one I can find, modified to eliminate all electronics and run completely mechanically. Then weld on heavy steel plating, deck mounted M2 in the back with roll cage.......much like the ones used by the warlords of the middle east and africa.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Gas-powered vehicles are all out. Do you folks not remember Katrina? Every gas station within 150 miles had no gas...but the did have diesel ;)

No buyer's remorse on my 7.3L 4x4 F-250 :)

exactly why I'm working hard to find a old non electronically controlled diesel. The newer ones have too much electronics in the fuel injection and controls. I want a old one with mechanical injection. If I really have to I've been thinking about repairing the head gasket on my old 84 Fort Tempo diesel, and throwing the engine into our 93 ranger along with a small turbo, if I can find a trans that will work with it. And make it a 4x4 as well. Not the most powerful, but should get good mileage, and would keep going through an EMP strike.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    How long of a shelf life does diesel have?
    Can it be made stable for long term storage?
    What about bio diesel?

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    How about a INGO group buy on some used Payloaders. Should not take too much work to uparmor them. One per county would be a start. Payloader clears the way sheepdogs form column behind and Di Di Mao.
    Had an Uncle that drove a bulldozer in the South Pacific. Never got a scratch. Can't say that for the Bad Guys under the Dozer. Just an Idea. They might be handy to make earth works too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    exactly why I'm working hard to find a old non electronically controlled diesel. The newer ones have too much electronics in the fuel injection and controls. I want a old one with mechanical injection. If I really have to I've been thinking about repairing the head gasket on my old 84 Fort Tempo diesel, and throwing the engine into our 93 ranger along with a small turbo, if I can find a trans that will work with it. And make it a 4x4 as well. Not the most powerful, but should get good mileage, and would keep going through an EMP strike.

Naturally Aspirated is the term you should use. :thumbsup: I'm currently looking into them myself. I found an older (80's) F350 crewcab but I couldn't talk the wife into trading the van in for it... :dunno:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Naturally Aspirated is the term you should use. :thumbsup: I'm currently looking into them myself. I found an older (80's) F350 crewcab but I couldn't talk the wife into trading the van in for it... :dunno:

probably cause it , may not be a good reliable vehicle for a daily driver. I'm wanting it mostly just for winter, work, and SHTF. I've got 2 cars that I can use for daily drivers, and dads ranger I can use in the winter if my cars can't get through. Plus I"ve always loved the old ford trucks :D

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus

Naturally aspirated would imply that there isn't a turbo present and has nothing to do with the injection method.

Top Bottom