• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I was wondering if anyone here buys from Temu and if so how was the experience. I see ads pop up all the time for them and have looked and found what appears to be some good deals on name brand stuff. I know that it is a Chinese direct company so am pretty leery about it. My sister has ordered a few small nik-nak type items without problem but that is the only person I know that has used them.
    Is it worth it?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was wondering if anyone here buys from Temu and if so how was the experience. I see ads pop up all the time for them and have looked and found what appears to be some good deals on name brand stuff. I know that it is a Chinese direct company so am pretty leery about it. My sister has ordered a few small nik-nak type items without problem but that is the only person I know that has used them.
    Is it worth it?
    DoggyMama ordered some stuff from them. Cheap Chinese crap. I would avoid them like the plague. I've tried to get her to stop ordering things from any ads that pop up and just go to reputable websites, but she doesn't always listen to me. I suspect that 90% of popup ads are scams or else just crappy fly-by-night companies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    DoggyMama ordered some stuff from them. Cheap Chinese crap. I would avoid them like the plague. I've tried to get her to stop ordering things from any ads that pop up and just go to reputable websites, but she doesn't always listen to me. I suspect that 90% of popup ads are scams or else just crappy fly-by-night companies.
    MIL gets scammed all the time from those ads.
    She doesn't listen, or learn.:dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have mostly ordered clothing and cheap jewelry and a few kitchen gadgets, and I have not had many issues at all except for a few things not fitting. Returns are easy, and if the item is less than $10, they refund you without you having to send it back. I don't know if I would depend on TEMU for tools or anything really important. Some things are fine and others are not. TEMU is a marketplace sort of like ebay. Lots of different vendors. I have heard that the app is questionable as far as mining your data, etc, so I only use TEMU on my PC.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    Is it worth it?
    It's a case of you get what you pay for. I buy particular items from temp, but nothing of any true importance. Do I need a set of clear dice with flowers on them? 1.59 on temu. Harden house spray attachment with the soap container? 4.59.
    Do I need a wrench? I'll stick with harbor freight if I only need it once.
    Basically, use your head and you won't get burned. It's the same stuff from Amazon just less.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So how does it play?:):
    You can actually get a pretty decent Les Paul knock off these days for a few hundred bucks, but there are plenty of known, fully legit places to buy them. The ad I referred to earlier showed an actual real deal LP, no idea if it was really Temu or just a scam ad, but still.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    At what point in one's life do they need clear dice with flowers on them? :scratch:

Mostly an example of the random $1 impulse buys you can find which is, how I assume, they make money. I'm really not certain why you'd need them, but in matters of taste the customer is always right.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    No one will like what I have to say. I personally will not buy from Temu, Five Below or anything I know specifically supports China. I know I know I know, EVERYTHING is made there! Just a thing I have. What further confuses me is we all know it's crap but we buy it anyway. Just my preference.

Off my soapbox now.....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom