• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There are some good suggestions here. I have thought about parking off base and taking a taxi to and from the museums. I haven't found the military to be accommodating to the needs of civilians. The authoritative nature of their organization is an unbending bureaucracy. If I decide to make this trip in the near future, I will put one or more of these ideas in action.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Visit a gun shop and put your gun on consignment, you know the glock that is worth $1500.00. Then when you are ready to go pay the gun shop $20.00 for their troubles and be on your way.
    To get the gun back he would have to go through a 4473. If it's out of state they cannot transfer a handgun back to him

Thats if the gun store would even take it on consignment. If it's something they can't sell they won't take it on consignment

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What if the Gun is disassembled. Is it still considered a firearm or parts?

Still a firearm in this example.

I suppose park off site and take a cab would be the best option. Did not think of that one because we don't have cabs and uber around here.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Still a firearm in this example.

I suppose park off site and take a cab would be the best option. Did not think of that one because we don't have cabs and uber around here.

That's the winner.
    If you're a first time user, they are VERY affordable (coupons).

Get one one for you, and a coupon for someone else for the return trip.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've often thought that providing a business for lock boxes near places where weapons, pepper spray, etc. could be stored is an opportunity. People who have to go to work places where weapons aren't allowed, i.e. government buildings, could access their weapons and walk to and from their vehicles armed. In my case, it looks like I'll be SOL, unless someone knows of a solution.

This idea would be awesome for my wife. She works for a well known international courier and during the past Christmas season all the "line level" employees have had to park four miles away from their hub and catch a shuttle to the compound. Having a place near the compound/warehouse to safely store her carry would make her feel a lot more safe dealing with downtown Indy/westside shuttle service back and forth, to and from her car.

What a great idea!

Now, make it so!

Top Bottom